Spikes on 800D, how do you move from there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Spikes on 800D, how do you move from there?

OK
    I THOUGHT I have found the sweet spot for the 800d. I did a good job with finding the lower end sweetest spot, great bass, sounds pretty flat at most lower registers. the spikes did add accuracy, and so did the 40 (!) acoustic traps I installed. I feel that imaging is not perfect, too much " in my face" image and much less "rear / deep"' image presentation. it all gets much better with slight tow-out, but now with the spikes on- it seems an impossible/unsafe task.
    Any ideas before i am back to putting the wheels back, adjusting, and back to the spikes ??
    Thanks
    :T Socrat
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

As I recall you can turn the original spike kit 180 degrees and in that end there is a rubber/plastic "thing" that can be used so that you are still able to push the speaker around while using the spike kit.
    However I am not a strong believer in super accuracy in speaker placement - why? Well that indicates that you head also need to be in a super precise position in order to hear it just right.
    Think you should start removing some traps to see if that is where the issue is - or better have a room measurement done by a pro who don't sell acoustic treatments. ..

Comment

• ray5
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by aarsoe
      As I recall you can turn the original spike kit 180 degrees and in that end there is a rubber/plastic "thing" that can be used so that you are still able to push the speaker around while using the spike kit.
      However I am not a strong believer in super accuracy in speaker placement - why? Well that indicates that you head also need to be in a super precise position in order to hear it just right.
      Think you should start removing some traps to see if that is where the issue is - or better have a room measurement done by a pro who don't sell acoustic treatments. ..
      When you use the other end of the spike you will not be able to move the speaker at all. That's what it is designed for.What I have done is put my 802D's on granite slabs with a layer of cork and then a layer of felt. That way I can move the whole thing as a single unit. The reason I did this was the casters were denting my hardwood floors everytime I moved them. Hope this helps.
      Ray

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Thanks guys
        I decided to remove the spikes put the "wheels' back, play with positioning a bit more, and once I am totally happy with the position of these beasts, spike them again !

Cheers
        :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"