X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

which 7.1 speakers?

Well im still trying to decide which speakers to add to my theater/music system.
    I have decided I will be moving up north. The basement is Approx. 1600 sq. ft. 10 foot ceilings. It is unfinished and I'll be creating a dedicated room throughout the winter. You can view my signature and see what I already have. I wanted to add 2 more speakers for the 7.1 system and fill. I was going to purchase 805's but don't want to commit that much money for something im not sure I will enjoy or get alot of use of. I thought of buying some DS3 N.I.B. for approx. $700.00 DS7 approx. $1700.00. I really wanted to keep it under $1,000.00 just in case Im not happy with the end result. It will be much easier on my checkbook and easier to sell. I thought the Mono/Dipole option may fill in more sound area vs. standard speakers that require proper direction. Just not sure how the 600 series would sound (match) with my 800 series although I do have a pair of SCM1 (not scms) which sound fine as rears. I was considering my new set for side mounting.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
    P.S. I just seen a pair of SCM1's sell on ebay for $1100.00 If I could sell mine for that I could buy 4 DS3's for matching side and rears. *just a thought*
    BOB
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

your dealer won't lend you a pair to try out?
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
      your dealer won't lend you a pair to try out?
      Many dealers won't do it
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• crytklmass
        • Dec 2008

Most don't carry the older models. ie. DS3, they would have to be ordered. In fact NO dealers in my are carry any of the models. One has a pair of DS8's and of couse 805's but that's more than I wanted to spend.
        BOB

Comment

• IceG
          • Dec 2008

I tried small speakers (Matrix 805s) and dedicated surround type speakers (Kef 34DS, real gems) in back for a couple of years. Then stuck in some full range floor-standers (Matrix 802S3s). It is a whole new experience with real surround bass and front-to-back imaging. Since you have a big dedicated room and serious front channels, you owe it to yourself to go for the max. It should be easier to find some demos too, to try out and see what you like. Then, if and when you like it, move the current rears to the side for the 7.1 solution.

Comment

• Hammie
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by crytklmass
            Most don't carry the older models. ie. DS3, they would have to be ordered. In fact NO dealers in my are carry any of the models. One has a pair of DS8's and of couse 805's but that's more than I wanted to spend.
            And most don't have the less popular one's in stock. I had to special order my surrounds. My fronts had to be ordered because they were just sold out of them. They had my center in stock, but waited to have all three fronts delivered at the same time.
            Panasonic TC-P65VT30
            Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
            Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
            Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
            B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
            Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
            My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
            Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"