X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyj
    • Dec 2008

802Ds with transportation silver disc?

Happy Thanksgiving!! - I picked up my new 802Ds last night from the dealer!! When I got home and removed them from the boxes I noticed a message on the rear midrange silver sleeve that says
    "Remove Disc Before Use" and "Replace Disc For Transportation". I checked on B&Ws website and the b&w group support, but could not find any reference to a disc that was supposed to be removed in the service manuals, drawings, etc. I tried to call me dealer when I got home last night, but they were closed for Thanksgiving. I'm anxious to hook them up, however, I don't want to risk damaging them, because I don't understand what needs to be removed.

Can anyone tell me which portion, if any, needs to be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

There is a philips screw that holds that disc in place that holds the midrange in place for transportation. You won't hurt anything if you don't take it out, it might not sound right however. That is the way they keep the driver in place since there are no screws in the front of it.

Eric

Comment

• jyj
      • Dec 2008

Great, I removed the disc and the screw and I believe I'm ready to hook them up. Eric - Thanks for your help!

Jerry

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"