X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildmda
    • Jan 2009

preamp and amp for 802d and HTM2

I am interested in thoughts on the best preamp and amps for 802d's and htm2.

I am considering mx120 for preamp and mc402 for an amp for 802ds...keeping my rotel 1095 for the htm2 and the rears. Sounds like mx120 is discontinued.

Thoughts on these models of mcintoshes and thoughts on classe? Versus any other models and brands..

Thanks for the help,
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

wildmda,

I am biased of course, but I think Mac's and B&Ws work very well together. I have the MX120. It is an excellent performer. Very good video scaling, superb HT and excellent 2 channel. I have a MC252 powering my 802D's. It delivers a ton of current, which the 802D's love. The 402 would be an outstanding choice.

By considering Mac/Classe, etc., you are in decidedly high performance as well as high price territory. Your ears are the best guide of course. You definitely need to try to demo these/explore them at a dealer. I demo'd Mac's, Classe and Krell. The Mac's were the best to me.

If you do get a Mac pre-amp and amp, at some point, I would consider a used Mac multi-channel amp for the center and surrounds. The system synergy is worth it.

I hadn't heard the MX120 was discontinued. It might lead to a good opportunity.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• d52232dole
      • May 2009

How about Krell pre 222 Evolution and a pair of monoblocks - 400 or 600 Evolution? For center, Krell 2250 (bridged at 1000wpc) will work. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"