Something happened to my system.. Something Wonderfull :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Something happened to my system.. Something Wonderfull :)

Something happened to my system. In this moment im listening Marcus Miller Band and i can't believe it how good is the bass.. Before this i have listened few Diana Krall albums and i realized that never sound that clear and nice..
    (I been on Diana Krall concert 2 days ago, and i can almost compare the sound there and the sound in my room).

Seem that my components are finnally broked in.. (I have 803s speakers for one year, McIntosh Preamp C2300 for 6 months and Rotel RB-1080 for year and half). I dont have any other explanation what happened, becouse since few months ago i just listen the music , not the components.When i got McIntosh Preamp i was a bit dissapointed becouse there was like shhhhh on female vocals and sound was not this tight.. I even checked the cables for damage.. Also i start thinking that maybe Mc is not compatible with my Rotel RB-1080 or something. Anyway.. Now it' sound amazing, i can't imagine what gonna happened when i upgrade Rb-1080 to Mc501.

So when u listen the components be patient to something happened.. Something wonderfull (Like the words from the Space Odissey )

Greetings

Darko
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

I'm scared. :lol:

Just kidding.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Pick up a Rotel RB-1090 if you can...then you'll be amazed how much better the bass is! I used the 1095/1080 (in different combinations). Adding the RB-1090 changed the bass amazingly. It's so much quicker, tighter, and actually not as bloated by the other two amps. At first you almost think you've lost bass until you realize it's so much more detailed and realistic.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by PewterTA
        Pick up a Rotel RB-1090 if you can...then you'll be amazed how much better the bass is! I used the 1095/1080 (in different combinations). Adding the RB-1090 changed the bass amazingly. It's so much quicker, tighter, and actually not as bloated by the other two amps. At first you almost think you've lost bass until you realize it's so much more detailed and realistic.

I tried to find 1090 here. But witout success.. And i know the feeling u had.. I have the same feeling with MC501 McIntosh (i have them few days on test).

As first i thought that i lost bass, then i realized that is more detailed and reaistic

Darko

Comment

• vinylmeister
          • Sep 2009

When listening to Diana Krall also pay attention to the sound of the piano. It should sound as a grand-piano with all the timbres. I particurly like "Love Scenes" as the bass, piano, guitar are all very well balanced against the voice
          Marantz SA-11S2 -> Cardas Golden Presence -> Classe CP-500 -> Cardas Quadlink -> CA-2200 -> Cardas Quadlink -> B&W 802d

Comment

• specialized
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by vinylmeister
            When listening to Diana Krall also pay attention to the sound of the piano. It should sound as a grand-piano with all the timbres. I particurly like "Love Scenes" as the bass, piano, guitar are all very well balanced against the voice

I agree with u.. Also my favourite album is The Look of Love.. It's very open sounding. A lot of air..

About the timbre, the best upgrade in realness made McIntosh Preamp. Before i was using Denon 3808 but when i compare with McIntosh Denon produce like syntetic sounds not real one..

Today i made small tweak and i get even tighter sound. I bought more Van Den Hull CS122 cable and done the biwiring. Im thinking to get another Rotel RB-1080 and use one RB-1080 per speaker.

Darko

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
              • May 2008

Originally posted by specialized
              I agree with u.. Also my favourite album is The Look of Love.. It's very open sounding. A lot of air..

About the timbre, the best upgrade in realness made McIntosh Preamp. Before i was using Denon 3808 but when i compare with McIntosh Denon produce like syntetic sounds not real one..

Today i made small tweak and i get even tighter sound. I bought more Van Den Hull CS122 cable and done the biwiring. Im thinking to get another Rotel RB-1080 and use one RB-1080 per speaker.

Darko
              I wouldn't get the second 1080, hold on for the MC501s...they are worth it! Biamping won't make much of a change...I tired biamping Emotiva amps previously and it did very little...
              Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• specialized
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                I wouldn't get the second 1080, hold on for the MC501s...they are worth it! Biamping won't make much of a change...I tired biamping Emotiva amps previously and it did very little...

Idea is to get the MC501 and 804s as my rear speakers (i still have doubt should i go for 805s or 804s).

I watched few blue ray's with True HD and sound was amazing and impressive.

So i decieded to upgrade my rear speakers (CM1 in this moment), to 804s becouse on new format rears get full signal , and becouse 804s are more similar to my 803s/htm3s then 805s. (Also important for SACD).

Becouse in this moment im not able to buy 804s and MC501, idea is to get another Rotel RB-1080 temporary. When i get MC501 then i'll move on Rotel to the rears, and the second one for the center speaker.

Darko

Comment

• specialized
                  • Apr 2008

I got second RB-1080 for biamping. It's just the temporary phase until i get MC501 then One Rb-1080 would be for the center, second one for the rears.
                  After few hours of listening the sound with the second RB-1080 is tighter, more clear and better dinamics. It's not huge improvement, but it's improvement.. In Any case its better then only one RB-1080, but not on the pair with MC501.

Maybe this experiment was worth for peace of mind when i'll spend money for MC501 that they are really worth it at all

Darko

p.s. After i listen more i'll share my experience with BiAmping two RB-1080 vs only one
                  p.p.s. I tried biriwing with only one, bass was much much more i would say too much. .Also highs and mids was muddied at least with the wires i have (Van Den Hull CS-122)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"