X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Plugs for 800 series Flow Ports?

Anyone ever use port plugs for 800 series?

I believe they have 4" ports.
    B&W
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I used them for both ports in my HTM2D (which is in the process of being sold). I used them to minimize any boominess as the speaker was quite close to the back wall. Wanted a lower & slightly punchier bass volume taking into account that mainly vocals were being presented.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Yea, I rerranged my room last week, i placed the speakers closer to the walls and one of them is in a corner. I knew it was not going to be "ideal" compared to how it was, but it made the flow to the rest of the house better.

Bass is deffinately more boomy. I got rid of my sub, yet it sounds like I do have a sub when watching movies.

I think I may try stuffing the ports and see how it sounds.
      B&W

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

I noticed something different with the 600 series and 800 series plugs. The 683's plugs where two piece. You could take the center out to make a half plug. The 800 series plugs are solid. I would of liked to try half plugs like on my 683. Full plugs take away too much bass dynamics for me. Not that it really matters since the bass on the 804S is cleaner than the 683, it's just something I noticed when I was going to experiment with the plugs the other day since my final setting with the 683 was using the half plugs....

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"