X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Stryke HE-15, sub project started

Just got off the phone with John J. from Stryke.com. I ordered two HE-15s and a pile of PR's. So in a couple of months, we'll be building a pair of the cube subs.

Probably going to go just slightly bigger, 24" vs 22". Same output above 20Hz but a little more umph! below 20Hz. So stay tuned

BTW, I'm not up for any nonsense here, similar to what's been occurring on the HTF regarding the HE-15, it's specs or performance. If that starts, I'll pull the plug on this thread in a heartbeat.

That having been said on with the show!

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Jeremy Santos
    • Aug 2000

Can't wait to see this one Thomas!!You always end up with beautiful creations.

Mods, I think you guys should change the name of this forum from "Mission Impossible DIY" to "Thomas' WorkShop".

Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!
    Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!

Comment

• Pat
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Thomas, what are you going to do with a couple of killer cubes like that?

I thought with your IB, you'd be done fussing with the bottom octaves

Pat's Page
      Pat's Page

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Thomas I thought you weren't in favour of PR based subs?

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hi guys

These certainly aren't going to replace the IB. They can't, nothing can. But I thought it might be a kick to try and build the smallest high output sub possible. So this like all the projects is an experiment.

I've been was following Deon's research for the HE-15 for quite a while. When he was less busy he used to occasionally drop by the IB forum. That's where I first learned about his plans. He's a very good speaker designer, his research and testing of this driver are impressive. Also nothing commercially available can best this driver in this size box.

No I don't expect it to sound like the IB. But I do expect it to sound like one of the best portable (that's the military definition of portable) subs around. The unfinished prototype John J sent to Tom Nousaine, weighed in at 160 lbs.

Also it's interesting to be able to have a "unique" speaker. There won't be more than 50 of these in the world. In my book that's kinda cool

Andrew

My previous experiences with PRs weren't all that positive, but for all of my projects I do a lot of research. And that has lead me to the conclusion that with a properly designed driver, a well designed PR based system "should" sound good. I hope I'm not needing to eat my hat after the project is finished :B

Jeremy

We could just call it "Toy Story III"

theAudioWorx
          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Sounds like the perfect add-ons to my X1 Klones! Small, heavy, and loud! I wonder how much more weight my living room floor can handle.....

-Juan

Earth First!
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
            Obi-Wan
            Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
            Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"