X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legion1capone
    • Oct 2008

Emotiva preamps

I recently read audioquesos review between the Emotiva XPA-5 and his McInosh MA6800 and was pleasantly surprised at how well the Emotiva stacked up. Especially for the price difference. So this leads into my question.
    We know that Emotiva makes good power amplifiers, but how do there Preamplifiers stack up against others? Audioqueso, do you think in the future you would be interested in doing a comparison between say an Emotiva USP-1 and XPA-2 setup vs ....?
  • boarder1995
    • Sep 2009

Just remember, one man's only slight difference in sound is another man's day and night difference. I'm learning that as I educate myself by listening to all various types of equipment I get my hands on to try at home. Of course, I'm also interested in the Emotiva stuff for it's great bang for buck return appearance, so likewise, I'd love to hear the new preamps as well.

Comment

• Hammie
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by boarder1995
      Just remember, one man's only slight difference in sound is another man's day and night difference. I'm learning that as I educate myself by listening to all various types of equipment I get my hands on to try at home. Of course, I'm also interested in the Emotiva stuff for it's great bang for buck return appearance, so likewise, I'd love to hear the new preamps as well.
      Be careful where you state these interests about Emotiva. There are some folks over at Club Polk who cannot understand why I am running an $800 Emotiva amp with my $10K B&W speakers.

When someone asked how much should I spend on an amplifier to power my speakers, they called the poster a "troll" and obliterated him with criticisms.

BTW, I'm interested in the upcoming XMC-1 Pre/pro. I'm hoping the final product has all my wants/needs.
      Panasonic TC-P65VT30
      Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
      Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
      Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
      B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
      Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
      My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
      Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"