X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesdaman
    • Apr 2008

Meridian and b&w

Hi I've got my self some 805s with quad 909 and 99 pre with Cyrus cd8se and psxr. I've been offered a meridian 808i2 for around £4000 and the g57 for £1500, does anyone know if this will be a good combo and does the price sound good? I'm guessing the meridian is in the same league as classe and such like? Any feed back would be awesome
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I own the Meridian 808 version 1 CD player - a player of reference quality status. Experience wise though, I'm unable to compare it to anything else so I cannot assist there. Your offered price of 4 000GBP is roughly a third of the price that a NEW 808i version 2 would sell for in South Africa. (Note that the "i" means that a pre-amp is built in). I'm very much into 2 channel redbook CD sound and this is where the 808 does fantastic things to good recordings. If you can, I'd suggest that you go and listen to it, taking your best recordings along to audition.

That's a great offer ... I'd seriously look into it. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Comment

• jamesdaman
      • Apr 2008

I think with the 808i 2 with pre amp it's around £8500 just for the cd player so it's a good deal it's just can I spend £4000 or so on a cd player lol

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"