X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boarder1995
    • Sep 2009

Rosenut of 800S/D vs. Rosewood of older 800 Nautilus line

Ok, I'm in the hunt for 800 series speakers and am consider a used pair of Nautilus line units, but am concerned about finish colors. Black ash is easy to match up, but what about the Rosenut current 800 color versus the older Rosewood color in the Nautilus line? I may just go black to keep it simple, but do really love the depth of color of the Rosenut scheme and presumably the the Rosewood too. Anyone have these two different era 800 series side-by-side for comparison or photos or comment? Thanks.
  • William
    • Aug 2006

I can't speak for Rosenut but Cherry darkens and turns redder over time*. So while the color may be the same new it does change (for the better) over time.

* I also religiously oil my wood cabinets which may help.

Comment

• boarder1995
      • Sep 2009

Hmmm, ya, the older units could be ANY shade of a color depending on how much light the room gets over the years. So, perhaps I should only buy new form the same era. What do you oil the wood with?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"