800 series not available in rosenut anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

800 series not available in rosenut anymore?

Hi there.. I tried to order a pair of 804s and pair of 805s both in rosenut (804s as rears speakers to my front 803s/htm3s).

Dealer told me that he got reply from b&w that they are only in chery wood and black ash available and not in rosenut?

I asked b&w and they replied that they move the factory from denmark to UK, and that they increase the stock to have them while they start producing in new factory. They also said that in decemeber/january probably everything would be normal.

So is it possible to order 804s in rosenut or not?

Specialized
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I haven't heard of Rosenut going away in the 800 Series. The only change I know of is Wenge going away in the 600 Series and all subwoofers will be available in Black only.

Comment

• aquaanox
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by specialized
      Hi there.. I tried to order a pair of 804s and pair of 805s both in rosenut (804s as rears speakers to my front 803s/htm3s).

Dealer told me that he got reply from b&w that they are only in chery wood and black ash available and not in rosenut?

I asked b&w and they replied that they move the factory from denmark to UK, and that they increase the stock to have them while they start producing in new factory. They also said that in decemeber/january probably everything would be normal.

Specialized
      I hoope not, i ordered mine on monday and have not heard that there is a problem. eta is 2 weeks.

Comment

• specialized
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by aquaanox
        I hoope not, i ordered mine on monday and have not heard that there is a problem. eta is 2 weeks.
        I send a mail to B&W again, so let's wait what they gonna say.

Darko

Comment

• Hammie
          • Oct 2005

WOW! If that is the case, I'm I glad I got mine when I did.

Are there any other dealers you would be willing to drive to in order to get them. Maybe others have the Rosenut in stock.
          Panasonic TC-P65VT30
          Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
          Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
          Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
          B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
          Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
          My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
          Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• emig5m
            • Aug 2008

That would suck if you couldn't get Rosenut anymore. I still need to get a pair of 805S's to replace my 685's....

Comment

• KyaDawn
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by specialized

Specialized
              If this is the case, I think it may have to do more with the 804S and 805S models being discontinued and being replaced with the 804D and 805D. Possibly they are out of stock in rosenut and won't be producing anymore, and instead will be producing the new models instead.

Hard to say, but if your dealer comes back and says they are still unavailable, I think it's a good chance that B&W has stopped production on those models already.

Comment

• aquaanox
                • Feb 2007

dealer called yesterday.. they should be here this weekend.. lets see.

Comment

• specialized
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by KyaDawn
                  If this is the case, I think it may have to do more with the 804S and 805S models being discontinued and being replaced with the 804D and 805D. Possibly they are out of stock in rosenut and won't be producing anymore, and instead will be producing the new models instead.

Hard to say, but if your dealer comes back and says they are still unavailable, I think it's a good chance that B&W has stopped production on those models already.

I got mail from b&w. They are just temporary out of stock while they are moving the factory from Denmark to UK. They'll have official information in January, when they be able produce 800 speakers again. Now they are using what they have on stock. So i think they wont quit rosenut, they are just temporary out of stock. if there is not possible to buy S series in rosenut, and they push to get new D for upper price (and not compatible with speakers i allready have), im afraid i'll look for some other brand, and not b&w. Or instead spending money for speakers, i'll just keep my CM1 and spend the money to electronics.And u can bet my next speakers wont be B&W again.. But again.. Im sure everything would be just fine ordering S series just when they start producing again..

Darko

Comment

• Glenee
                    • Aug 2006

Rosenut Has been one of thier most popular finishes. I don't see them dropping it.
                    Only the Government would do something that stupid.

Comment

• aquaanox
                      • Feb 2007

I just picked up my 804s rosenut. No more CM-9 for me (traded in). They are absolutely beautiful, just hooked up and i can already feel difference in sound compared to the CM-9. The is just something about the soundstage and overall clarity that the CM (which i had been listening to almost daily for about a year (this is for 2 channel music only) did not have. They arent even broken in yet, so i can only imagine they will sound a tad better over time. Anyway, pictures coming soon

Comment

• Hammie
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by aquaanox
                        I just picked up my 804s rosenut. No more CM-9 for me (traded in). They are absolutely beautiful, just hooked up and i can already feel difference in sound compared to the CM-9. The is just something about the soundstage and overall clarity that the CM (which i had been listening to almost daily for about a year (this is for 2 channel music only) did not have. They arent even broken in yet, so i can only imagine they will sound a tad better over time. Anyway, pictures coming soon
                        I felt it took about a week of constant listening before they took on the awesomeness that they have today. ;x( :T
                        Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                        Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                        Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                        Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                        B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                        Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                        My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                        Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"