X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leeda2
    • May 2003

DIY Speaker Wire

Has anyone on this forum had experience with the following cable?

home theater, high fidelity, high end, amplifiers, receivers, projectors, movies, vcrs, cds, laserdiscs, stereo, surround sound, dolby digital, dts, subwoofer, speakers, reviews, video, audio, dvd, digital audio, tubes, consumer electronics, home entertainment, preamplifiers, processors, cables, TVs, AC line conditioners, velodyne, monitor audio, sunfire, paradigm, meridian, nordost, exact power, redgum, osborn, m&k, mirage, perpetual technologies, anthem, sonic frontiers, htdv, dss

I'm thinking of going this route because:
    1) the price is reasonable
    2) looks cool
    3) seems easy enough to do

I'll be using these for a 5.1 setup. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone recommend a similarly "priced" cable for the sub?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The 'Secrets' guys are known for their interesting stuff. I certainly can't comment as to the sound quality, but their engineering is solid and the price is right. The article is a good short course in the basics of cable design.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Interesting read.

Comment

• PiDD
        • Aug 2003

I did try the Ultralink cable. Coming from the home depot 12 gauge cable I was impressed. I have to listen to it a lot more to get a final impression but so far this is what I noticed...
        1. the sound is faster and has more range
        2. at high volume the HD12 gauge sounded distorted, the UL cable stays clean, it comes across as sounding lower in volume.

BTW this was hooked up to a rotel 1095 and athena speakers, I'm using an onkyo for a prepro for now.

The never ending project

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"