X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy Santos
    • Aug 2000

Tempest Subs("The Santos Twin Towers") Completed

First off, I would like to give a shout out to Thomas W. for giving me the numbers to work with. Thank you very much Thomas. I would also like to thank Adire Audio for their excellent service, and the great price I got for the drivers. And then a very big THANK YOU to Andrew Pratt for all the help. Without him, the towers would not be here today. Not only did he help with his knowledge of building these, he also helped with the construction of the subs and actually did most of the work. I am very grateful.

Unfortunately, at this moment, I do not have any specific numbers or any pics. Hopefully this will change by next week. So, all I have are the specs for the subs and my initail reactions after setting them at reference. The enclosures are 62" internal height, 24" dia. which comes out to VB14.33 cu ft. The port is 10" dia. and 35.66" long. It is tuned to fb 18hz. After all is said and done, they stnad 6'2"ft tall with the legs and base. That's why they are named "Twin Towers".

Upon completion, hooked them up to a QSC RMX-850pro power amp(300 watts into each channel) and put in the current bass king "Titan A.E". HOLY SHIT!!!!! The whole house was a rockin' and can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever felt any kind of fear for my life!!! The air was just moving all over the place and the rumbling from the subs totally terrified me, in a good way though. I am now in bass heaven!!! Will do a more thourough review later on, but wanted to let everyone know that these were worth the wait and the time to build!!!

Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

Play It Loud, Play It Clean!!!!!
    Jeremy Santos

My Software
    Santos Theater

• Pat
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Cool Jeremy, now get busy getting those pictures posted and some numbers on those bad boys

Pat's Page
    Pat's Page

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

So Jeremy I assume from the reserved tone of your post, that your minimally pleased with your new subs

BTW, welcome to the world of "monster" subs :B

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Congrats Jeremy! It's amazing what these DIY subs are capable of. I haven't had experience with the tempest, but the Shiva is a good woofer. I am sure the Tempest delivers the goods.

I will tell you another scene to brace yourself in, and that's the pod scene in the Matrix. The girating continuous monotone bass is so powerful with my Velex subs, it feels like it's hitting you right in the chest. :B

Lex

Comment

• Jeremy Santos
          • Aug 2000

Pat,

Will do my best to get the pics. (Andrew, you better get a hold of that camera!!!)

Thomas,

I was already in that world when I visited Andrew's place, but the world I am in now has bigger "Monsters".

Lex,

Will have to try that scene out.I have already tried "Haunting DTS", "U-571" and Dts Demo #4 and none of them have given the "Twin Towers" a "true" workout. It breezes through those scenes with no problems and it will be hard to bottom these out(knock on wood). Will have to try them at reference when my parents leave, but for right now they rumble real, real good at 70db. Should have exact numbers by Tues., the night I am also holding a Winnipeg HT meet.

Jeremy Santos

My Software
          Santos Theater

Jeremy Santos

My Software
          Santos Theater

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"