X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfdoddsy
    • Sep 2000

Extended range dipole mids

Someone has emailed me about the choice of midranges in a 3 way dipole. He wants to cross over at 120Hz and 2500Hz (to a plasma tweeter).

Anyone have any suggestion for a mid that can cover that kind of range and still handle dipole EQ? My only thought was a pair of Jordan JX150s.

Cheers

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
    Steve's OB Journey
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Plasma tweeters generate ozone gas. It may be interesting to watch the flame but the results of operating the tweeter aren't very healthy.

Just say no to the whole idea........

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

Health hazards aside, aren't some people crossing the Seas W18 as high as 2500? Over on the Mad board, Jim Salk is pretty happy with his latest W18EX/ESG2 with a Murphy 2500 XO. You'd need a notch filter and steep slopes to cross that high. You also might need a pair of drivers to get good volume at 120, although a single would be louder than a pair of Jordans.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"