X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karri
    • Apr 2003

Help!! Surround Membrane has lifted

I've just completed my boxes for the KIT 281s with a front baffle of 1.5 inches. The scews provided weren't long enough so I had to get different screws. Low and behold the the screw heads are a little larger. Some of the screws lifted a little of the surround membrane when I mounted the raw speakers. Is this of concern? And also what will the long term effect be if any? Haven't fired them up yet. Help!!! a newbie at the DIY speaker building process. Have a great day.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If it's just a small amount of the surround then probably no real damage done.

Without removing and regluing the surround there probably isn't a fix.

I'd just use them and see what happens.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Karri
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for your reply Thomas. I did manage to find some small washers to go under the screw head to help keep the membrane down. See how it goes. Hopefully tonight will be the night of firing up those big babies. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"