SCMS or DS8S for height channel speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JargonGR
    • Feb 2009

SCMS or DS8S for height channel speakers?

I am thinking about trying Dolby PrologicIIz and Audyssey DSX on my setup and I stuck between those speakers.

Is there any reason to pay extra for the dipole function of the DS8S over the SCMS when used as height channel speakers and or wide channel on DSX?

The other parts of the setup is 800Ds/HTM1D and 4X 803Ds + 2 Subs.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I'm not sure many people will have a good answer for this, as there are not many that have implemented it. I'm curious as well though.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo JargonGR,

Sorry but with a system with 800, htm1 and especcialy 4 x 803D I dont know
      what give you this the model Scms / DS8s dipol? / or other 2 extra speakers...

Personall taste: Smcs.
      if is for the DprolZ they will be placed on front or?

a Ds8s can replace a pair of 803....

Style

Comment

• JargonGR
        • Feb 2009

I want to use them for height channel actually since all my other surrounds are 803Ds. Yet I find the looks of the SCMS much better than a DS8S but the latter seems a stronger/better/more flexible speaker to me while its all black cover will make it disappear better above the black border of my screen.

What I would like to know from someone who has heard both is the sonic difference between the two given that the DS8S has a larger midrange.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"