X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garethk
    • Dec 2002

NEW ROTEL AMPS?

Hi All

Has anyone heard if Rotel are planning on releasing any new amps. I recently purchased a rsp1066, and am currently running a rb 976mkII. I am thinking of upgrading to the 1075 or 1095 but if Rotel are going to release a new 6 or 7 ch amp then i think i will wait.

I am new to the forum, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong area.

GarethK
    GarethK
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Garethk,

I haven't heard of Rotel being scheduled to release any new power amps, but that doesn't mean they don't have it on their roadmap for the future. Personally, I don't feel that waiting would be all that important. Compared to pre-pros, power amps really don't undergo nearly as much change and that's why, when you buy a power amp, you can expect value out of it for a long number of years. Sometimes, there are changes that are beneficial, but the basic meat and potatos of amps is to deliver good, clean power. The main advantage of the introduction of new amps, to me, would be to get old ones at a nice discount. As far as 6 or 7 channels, most use a separate monoblock or two-channel amp for this application.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"