X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Concorde
    • Oct 2009

Need help with 683 !

Hi everybody, I've been lurking on this forum for a few years now. Used to have b&w dm603S3 for a while and recently upgraded to the 683. Love them with my Arcam receiver ;x( . However since I bought these speakers second hand, the previous owner lost the base (plinth). I'm currently at my father's place on "holiday" and I've decided to take the opportunity to built bases myself. I have the material and everything but I don't have the holes position ! I'm ready to drill the holes and complete them but I'm missing info!

Could anyboby please measure their 683 and tell me the dimensions based on the sketch below ? I'd like to finish them and not have to wait a couple more weeks to measure them myself...

(Please be kind with the way I write; I'm french canadian !)

P.S. I promise to post pictures of my system if someone helps me :lol:

• emig5m
    • Aug 2008

Where are you located? I have brand new never used 683 plinths.... Hell, my dealer even throws them away for their demo speakers... If you where local to me, you can have mine. If not, I can take some measurements and pictures if you need. Personally I don't like the look of the plinths.

Comment

• Concorde
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by emig5m
      Where are you located? I have brand new never used 683 plinths.... Hell, my dealer even throws them away for their demo speakers... If you where local to me, you can have mine. If not, I can take some measurements and pictures if you need. Personally I don't like the look of the plinths.

I'm probably a little up north ! I'm in Quebec , Canada. :E I'm not sure I'll like the look either, but my girlfriend is expecting our first baby and I'm afraid he could eventually tip the speaker... BTW if you could let me know the size of the plinth itself (lenght x width), That would be appreciated (and easier for you to measure).

Thanks !!!

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

Ok, here you go.

Let me know if you're interested in the stock plinths, I could send them for the cost of shipping.

Comment

• Concorde
          • Oct 2009

Wow, I wasn't expecting that much ! PM me your zip code so I can evaluate shipping of the stock plinth. Are you sure you're ok to just send them to me for free ?

Thanks for the help !!

Comment

• emig5m
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Concorde
            Wow, I wasn't expecting that much ! PM me your zip code so I can evaluate shipping of the stock plinth. Are you sure you're ok to just send them to me for free ?

Thanks for the help !!
            Ya, they're not worth anything to me and I was just going to throw them out...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"