X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack d
    • Sep 2006

Preparing 800 Series for Shipping?

The movers are coming to pack up my 802ds, HTM1D, HTM2D, and 804Ss. I have all the original boxes but is there anything I need to know to prepare?

1. I have the boxes for the 802Ds but I don't exactly remember how to assemble them. Anyone remember?

2. I was told I should make sure that the Marlin heads are covered before I put the foam moldings over them. Was there a cloth that came with them or was it that soft foam? If I can't find the original, any suggestions as to what I could use?

3. Is there anything special I need to know about packing the HTM1D? Again, I have the box but I'm not sure if I need to do anything other than get the beast into it.

4. Regarding the mid-ranges. I think I am supposed to tighten down the big screw thing in the back for shipping. Correct? I was told they should have come with a special wrench. I'll have to look around to see if I can find that. Was it metal? If I can't find them, any suggestions for what I should use?

Thanks!
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jack d
    The movers are coming to pack up my 802ds, HTM1D, HTM2D, and 804Ss. I have all the original boxes but is there anything I need to know to prepare?

1. I have the boxes for the 802Ds but I don't exactly remember how to assemble them. Anyone remember?

2. I was told I should make sure that the Marlin heads are covered before I put the foam moldings over them. Was there a cloth that came with them or was it that soft foam? If I can't find the original, any suggestions as to what I could use?
    3. Is there anything special I need to know about packing the HTM1D? Again, I have the box but I'm not sure if I need to do anything other than get the beast into it.

4. Regarding the mid-ranges. I think I am supposed to tighten down the big screw thing in the back for shipping. Correct? I was told they should have come with a special wrench. I'll have to look around to see if I can find that. Was it metal? If I can't find them, any suggestions for what I should use?
    [COLOR=DarkRed
    Thanks!
    Here is what I know:
    1) The 802D boxes that came with mine are coallapsible so you basically reopen them. Due to the weight you may want to have metallic restraints in addition to solid packing tape all around the boxes.I am sure the movers will have all that.
    2) It was soft foam.
    4) yes. You have to put back the metal discs for any transportation. You must have unscrewed before use. A screwdriver will do.
    Hope this helps.
    Ray

Comment

• jack d
      • Sep 2006

Thanks guys. Now that I have everything out of the closets I see what you are saying. The instructions are on the box. Amazingly, I still have all the parts including the soft foam cover. I now see that there is a screw and washer type thing that you screw into the metal part to secure the mid range. For insurance purposes I'm not supposed to pack them myself but I'm going to do it anyway--except for wrapping the sides so the movers can see the condition they are in before the boxes are strapped up.

Comment

• Jovl
        • Jan 2009

B&W speakers are excellent! They just delivered today. They are made in U.K.

Look here

Gr Jovl
        My setup : http://forum.puresound.be/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25
        Sorry for my English ops:

Comment

• jack d
          • Sep 2006

Nice video. We put the strapping on the outside of the box rather than just around the upper and lower hard foam. Strapping outside the box is the method indicated on the box itself.

The biggest problem for me was not setting the speakers on their sides--although that was no picnic. It was getting them back up (way too heavy) and at the same time keeping the bottom hard foam in place. It took three people to do that. Now two to three months shipping and then hoping they make the long, long journey in tact.....

Comment

• planitismetal
            • Dec 2008

Nice video. We put the strapping on the outside of the box rather than just around the upper and lower hard foam. Strapping outside the box is the method indicated on the box itself.

The biggest problem for me was not setting the speakers on their sides--although that was no picnic. It was getting them back up (way too heavy) and at the same time keeping the bottom hard foam in place. It took three people to do that. Now two to three months shipping and then hoping they make the long, long journey in tact.....

Hope the best for you in the new country... :T
            Keep in touch and let us know (if possible) how the trip (of the 802) was...

Comment

• ShadowZA
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

Good luck with everything, Jack. Hope that all proceeds smoothly. Please keep us posted if you can.

Comment

• jack d
                • Sep 2006

Well it's going to be a long wait. I'm sitting here in my house with no sound system--or at least only a sound system in a lot of boxes. It's very quiet! I'm almost tempted to buy a docking station just to have a bit of music until the next time I can assemble my system. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

good luck with the move

Comment

• MikeFL52
                    • Oct 2007

Well it's going to be a long wait. I'm sitting here in my house with no sound system--or at least only a sound system in a lot of boxes. It's very quiet! I'm almost tempted to buy a docking station just to have a bit of music until the next time I can assemble my system. Thanks for the feedback.
                    Sounds like you need to get the new Zeppelin Mini. I know it is not a true substitute (obviously) but at least it would give you some music and is relatively portable and docks with your computer or laptop.

Comment

• jack d
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeFL52
                      Sounds like you need to get the new Zeppelin Mini. I know it is not a true substitute (obviously) but at least it would give you some music and is relatively portable and docks with your computer or laptop.
                      I don't know. Maybe an Arcam mini would be better since I've got some extra 600 series speakers (or get the Muso speakers). Tell the truth I don't really like the look of the Zepplin. Don't know how it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"