• Oct 2009

using XTC together with M-1's?

Hello

I would like to buy following set:

center: XTC
    fronts: M-1
    surrounds: M-1
    sub: PV-1

I will mainly use it to watch TV and movies so I don't want to spend too much money on the fronts and surrounds. I also want to wall-mount everything. I want to use the XTC because I want to have very clear voices.

Is it a good idea to use the XTC together with the M-1's?? According to my dealer the sound is going to be similar because the tweeter is not much different and because they both have a metal casing. Is this true?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

If you can stretch the budget to get the XT2 then do it. They are not much bigger and sound a lot better not to mention a much better match for the XTC. I'd stick with an M1 for the center if you are going to do them for the front left and right.

Eric

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

stella52,

I agree with Eric. I've owned M1's (very nice for pretty small speakers). But the XT series is substantially better. The XT2's would be a match for the XTC. When getting the front three speakers, you want to try to keep those in the same speaker family. It presents a united wall of sound. Also, the larger mid/bass cone will do wonders for mid and bass response. You might consider spending a bit less on the sub to get the matching mains.

The M1's will sound similar to the XT series because they are B&W's and do share some similarities, as pointed out by your dealer, but all elements of the XT2 will be better. The tweeter may have a metal dome design, but the tweeter in the XT2 will be higher performing. The XT series has been designed to perform better, as you would expect from a line that is more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"