X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justin
    • Feb 2003

where to find a diy s-video cable

I'm looking to build a s-video cable and can't find any good site on the web. Their is alot on speaker cable but limited I feel in the s-video department. Have any of you gays built s-video cables. I've tryed the search engine on msn.com. Any info would help.

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
    Jus

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Most people don't make s-video cables since they require some pretty fine soldering skills. Lexman's the expert on building cables though so I'm sure he'll have something to say on it.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Justin, I would sell you what you need to build them, but I must warn these are the most difficult cables to build, not considering VGA breakouts and such. For standard A/V cables, they are the toughest.

I have various coax on hand and can sell you heat shrink and decorative sheathing if you decide to try it.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Jariten
        • Jun 2000

Lex's products are just great !!

tell him what you need!

T.

Comment

• justin
          • Feb 2003

Well I guess, It might be wise to buy it once because I might have to build it twice if I mess up the first time. I don't have the money to build it twice this time. Lex & Andrew you guys have many years of ht under your belt and I have a few. Thanks for the advice.I can solder but that kind of fine work will be difficult for me. Lex I don't know the lengh on the cable yet. It might be 2m. or 6 to 7m. I still have to rearrange my living room for the tv I am getting this weekend. The s video cable is just going from my dvd player to the tv. Lex that quadcat looks excellent and might be my first s video cable. I'll see if I can swing the price tag on the 6 to 7m. Lex can you custom make the lengh I need. I did not see it on your catcables site.

Jus

Jus

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Hey Junstin, I can make you one from New York to LA or anything in between, lol.

Seriously, when your ready, just let me know. I'll take care of you.

Thanks,
            Doug
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Justin- While I'm not sure about you asking if all us "gays" ever did a DIY S-video cable, I do have some input.

first and foremost, I'd recommend going with Lex for some solid performing CAT cables that will last you for the long run. However, I do recognize that sometimes you just need a cheapo DIY run of something for a temporary fix. I've made my own temporary cables with Radio Shack several times, and they're usually very helpful about providing the right tools and instructions. They have S-video material. You may also want to look at Leviton if you're thinking about going in-wall installation, which I did. Their S-video wall plate plugs run over Cat 5.

CHRIS
              Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• justin
                • Feb 2003

Sorry for the type-o. I'm not a good speller. ops: Chris thanks for your input on this.

Jus

Jus

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"