X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalCM
    • Oct 2007

Rmaf

Just got back from the RMAF. Dozens of speakers but no B&Ws shown. Anyway, I listened to a lot of really good speakers, many costing a lot more than my 802Ds, some like the Focal Utopias, the big Pioneers, and the big JBLs were really impressive. All cost many times the 802Ds.

So now I am again listening to my 802Ds and am reminded just how great they are.

The show was a lot of fun. High praise to the people who put it on.
  • dmccombs
    • Sep 2006

There was one set of B&Ws that I saw. They we either 804s or 803D. I didn't look that close as they didn't seem to set up the room well.

I did see some amazing rooms though. Many disappointed me though. Being somewhat fair, most of the rooms are small and the vendors have one day to st things up. Surprisingly though, most don't bring any absorption or diffusion panels.

But, some rooms were very nice, using good equipment and taking the effort to set them up well. Some that stood out were Locus, Gamat (KTAudioImports), GR Research/Dodd/PI Audio Group, MBL, PeachTree.

I came back from the show and fired up my system, and listened to some vinyl. I was happy as I listened. My system, based on 802Ds, beats most at the show. I think that says a lot for the 802Ds.

Comment

• Freddie40
      • Jun 2009

Had I known about it (or paying more attention) I would have driven the 5 or so miles to the event

Dave
      Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"