X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArvinK
    • Jun 2003

Newbie Questions: Adire Kit 281 & LLC mods

Hey!!,
    Has anyone out there done any tweeks to the Adire Kit 281 ported floorstanding towers and the LLC? Specifically, has anyone done any of these things?

1) Upgrading the crossover components for better performance.

2) Better acoustic treatment of the tower's enclosure interior to better control cabinet resonances and improve the imaging?

3) Replacing the Adire AV5 mid with an Audax mid?

4) Ustilizing thicker front baffles?

Would any of these mod's to the Adire's even be worth doing down the road? I'm considering building these speakers this summer and am looking for any input from you guys on this. Thanks!
    h:
  • PMazz
    • May 2001

I built the 281s several years ago. I added some extra bracing and used an 1.5" front baffle.

IMO, #2 and #4 would benefit any basic enclosure, as long as you compensate for the internal volume to keep the tuning the same.

Swapping drivers may be dicey, considering the xover was built around them. "Better" xover parts would possibly be a way to wring out the last couple percent, and if you do that, you may want to keep the xover external to make it easy to tweak.

IMO, the 281s needed plenty of break in, before they started singing. In fact, they just kept getting better the older they got.

Pete
    Birth of a Media Center

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"