X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emig5m
    • Aug 2008

HTM61 vs HTM3S

I just got my HTM3S today and holy clarity and detail batman! There's no comparing the 600 series center to the 800 series! Now I understand why some of the people with more experience with the higher end speakers where always ragging on the HTM61.... The difference is like going from a VHS tape the best mastered Blu Ray! :E The impatient wait for the HTM3S (it was back ordered) was totally worth the wait! I'm extremely impressed with it! The audiophile term "unveiled" comes to mind!

Its very "airy" sounding like the sound comes out of thin air.

It's BY FAR more detailed than the HTM61. Crystal clear clarity. It's like twice the difference in going from the HTM61 to the HTM3S than the 683 to the 804S was. Pretty drastic difference! :E

Next mission... enjoy what I got. No.. that would be too easy... hehe. Actually I would like to replace my 685's in the rear with the 805S's (if I can find a way to get the money this year, I think I'm all tapped out, lol). :E :lol: :
  • altanpsx
    • Nov 2008

Very interesting to hear this kind of comparison. In my country, htm61 worth 800 usd, htm3s worth 3800 usd. I am sure the proportion of the price is same everywhere.

htm3s is good, but this won't make htm61 bad, or make the people right who think htm61 is a bad center speaker.

With it's price htm61 is a good center speaker. There is no meaning to compare it with an 5 times pricier center speaker, and saying it is bad.

People cirticizes htm61 for other reasons.

Comment

• Hammie
      • Oct 2005

Congrats!!!

And welcome to the world of the HTM3s!

BTW, it only gets better with use, so put something in, sit back, and enjoy, my friend.
      Panasonic TC-P65VT30
      Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
      Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
      Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
      B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
      Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
      My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
      Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

Agree it is a great center!

Comment

• olilugo
          • Aug 2009

you know now I hate you for bringing this up.

Dam where I can get money..... I want my HTM3s.

Comment

• emig5m
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by altanpsx
            Very interesting to hear this kind of comparison. In my country, htm61 worth 800 usd, htm3s worth 3800 usd. I am sure the proportion of the price is same everywhere.

htm3s is good, but this won't make htm61 bad, or make the people right who think htm61 is a bad center speaker.

With it's price htm61 is a good center speaker. There is no meaning to compare it with an 5 times pricier center speaker, and saying it is bad.

People cirticizes htm61 for other reasons.
            You're right. The HTM61 for the price is a fine center. It definitely sounded better then my Cerwin Vega center that cost $250. 'Tonally' the current 600 series sounds very close to the 800 series from my own hands on experience... The 800 series just takes other performance attributes and takes it to a elevated level (more airy/3D/finer subtle detail/less coloration) and of course the build quality is on another level. Is this worth the price difference? Well that's up to each individual to decide. I guess for me it was because I bought them without thinking twice and absolutely zero buyers remorse, lol. (hey what the hell, you only live once!)

The bad part of all this (other than being limited by the source/recording quality) is that I'm totally ruined from going out to the local movie theaters since they couldn't even really compare to the sound quality of my 15 year old Cerwin Vega system. (yea, the local theaters in my area are THAT BAD.... Sony Cinemas are the worst! Sounds like built in TV speakers!)

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

glad you're enjoying the new speaker. Are you finding the difference in performance even during movie playback?

Comment

• emig5m
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                glad you're enjoying the new speaker. Are you finding the difference in performance even during movie playback?
                Oh yea...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"