• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

New B&W serie 800 !!!

Hallo,
    I spoked with B&W/Classe Switzerland about a pair of 802d but with big surprise .....well in 2010 with come out with the complety NEW series from the Nautilus line!!

New electronics inside, new design, new ALL!!!!

Wait and buy a 802 or big with a good price? or the newcomer will be so amazing that the "old" Nautilus don't can is at the same level?
    What is sure the new B&W are in test "at home from B&W", sure that the price go up. :cry:

I have a 803D and I have a 802D in my head for the front and go with the 803 to the rear but now???

at the cedia a brocoure will be available and in the second half from the 2010 we go see.......

Style
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by style
    Hallo,
    I spoked with B&W/Classe Switzerland about a pair of 802d but with big surprise .....well in 2010 with come out with the complety NEW series from the Nautilus line!!

New electronics inside, new design, new ALL!!!!

Wait and buy a 802 or big with a good price? or the newcomer will be so amazing that the "old" Nautilus don't can is at the same level?
    What is sure the new B&W are in test "at home from B&W", sure that the price go up. :cry:

I have a 803D and I have a 802D in my head for the front and go with the 803 to the rear but now???

at the cedia a brocoure will be available and in the second half from the 2010 we go see.......

Style
    Typical, just as I purchase the 800D's a new model comes out... oh well.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• 1oldguy
      • Dec 2008

Hi Style

If your interested I am selling my speakers.The 802D have only 14 hours on them.
      The 803D haven't even been hooked up.Unexpectedly I am in a place that is much to small for the gear i have and with people living above me makes for a real hindrance.
      I am selling the 802D at list and throwing in the 803D at no extra charge.The buyer to pay for shipping.These are in mint mint mint condition.
      Last edited by 1oldguy; 07 September 2009, 11:56 Monday.
      A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• emig5m
        • Aug 2008

Interesting, but I'm so happy with my current 800's I could just about care less.....

Originally posted by SoundEngine355
        Typical, just as I purchase the 800D's a new model comes out... oh well.
        Heh... I just got a set of brand new 804S's and my HTM3S should be in tomorrow. I'm not too worried about the new lineup because 1) I'm 100% satisfied with the 804S, they're exactly everything I ever wanted in a speaker... and 2) I got such a good discount that I got brand new speakers out the door for not much more than what they're selling used on Audiogon. :T (I had a 'hint' new speakers would be arriving soon with the huge discount I got).

I couldn't get any sellers on Audiogon to budge on their asking price and I got brand new freshly ordered from the factory with warranty for only a few hundred more... Assuming a new lineup will also drive the prices up and dealers probably wont be willing to give too much of a discount on a brand new lineup, I think on the other hand I actually bought at the perfect time other than at a bad time. My personal spending limit is what I paid for the current 800's and I wouldn't push myself over my spending comfort zone any which way you look at it. So it's all good, everything worked out just right for me.

Now that I'm a huge B&W fan, it will be interesting of what's in store, but if I could do it all over again, I'd still get my 804S's right NOW....they're that good! They're everything I ever wanted out of a speaker... :T

Comment

• Chucka
          • Aug 2009

Any indication if this new line will be at CEDIA in Atlanta?

Comment

• 1oldguy
            • Dec 2008

Wondering how to insert a picture.Any ideas?

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by 1oldguy
              Wondering how to insert a picture.Any ideas?

When posting, there is a 'manage attachments' button towards the bottom.
              Click on that and attach your pictures.

Comment

• ninja12
                • Mar 2007

Does anyone know if they will be upgrading or replacing the HTM1D?

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

Hi,

if a little consumer like have this Info from Classe sure you dont' go have the new collection "only for my eye's :B

What is sure is that the new Nautilus in made. B&W wait the right moment to go in the market with this new "product"
                  @emig5m: I'm a B&W fan too but don't forget!! with HighEnd never say never!!
                  I have had from the 705 to the 803D (with al the 2 woofer, the s the D and all what do you will..)
                  Hey, the new Nautilus can to by not what we search!!! sure at the fisrt presentation you can find 2 people: 1. Great speaker I want have at home..2. Noooo, I love my 80xxxd/s and I don't go change my lovely s or d that stay in my room...

@Chucka with the first Classe CT presentation a brouchere from the new speaker and a topmodel will be present.

Wenn my friend from Classe come the my house for the SSP800 upgrade I "search" (007 in action :B ) new infos.

Style

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

I sure hope they make an improvement to the looks of the current 800 series. They are looking a little outdated.

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

A B&W dealer in Florida told me last year that he was informed by a friend of his at B&W headquarters, that the 800 Series was going to be revamped. He said they were going to be made in aluminum like the XT Series and the Signature Series.

Supposedly, they will be have much less vibrations or distortions caused by the current wood cabinets. I said that I doubt any "vibrations" would be too audible, and he agreed with me. But, he also said that the wood cabinets were too labor intensive and their cost to manufacture was becoming prohibitive. All this, and he then said he was told that the cost would be considerably higher, due to the high cost of manufacturing them in aluminum! :huh:

Go figure, but I guess what comes around goes around? He also thought the cabinets will be made in China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :E

Where are the XT Series cabinets made now, and where were the Signature Series cabinets made?

Comment

• aarsoe
                        • May 2004

Well if the cabinets will be made in China then I, as a Dane, will be sad as the current 800 series cabinets are made in Denmark..

Comment

• beden1
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by aarsoe
                          Well if the cabinets will be made in China then I, as a Dane, will be sad as the current 800 series cabinets are made in Denmark..
                          I agree with you 100%! :T

China and quality don't ever seem to go hand-in-hand!

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Hallo beden1,

that's right!! from what I was a modell called B&W9004 is very, very similar at the Signature 40th.!!!!!
                            in alu but in donnt know of is made in in China or where.......

Like wrote we can have a bad surprise...in place from the lovely wood cabinet wy go have a new serie very similar at the Signature 40th. !!!!!

this black "steel/alu" cabinet can be a prototyp or the line of the new Nautilse......
                            if will be so the 802 and up going sold in very fast time!!!

Style

Comment

• JargonGR
                              • Feb 2009

Ah the hell with it! I will just sit and enjoy my 800Ds I bought last year and will block the B&W site from displaying in all my PCs! No way I am killing my speakers to buy the new ones.

Comment

• emig5m
                                • Aug 2008

Made in China? For the price, are you kidding me? One thing I like about the current 800's is that they're NOT made in China.

Comment

• beden1
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by emig5m
                                  Made in China? For the price, are you kidding me? One thing I like about the current 800's is that they're NOT made in China.
                                  I don't know if the dealer was correct in his assumption that they would be made in China. I would imagine they will be made where they produced the Signature Diamond speaker cabinets.

Does anyone know where these were made?

Comment

• Nolan B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2005

Lets see..

I am in the market for a re-design 800 series without question. Having said that I wont even consider paying top dollar if they are made in china.

Comment

• ChrisssB
                                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by style

Wait and buy a 802 or big with a good price? or the newcomer will be so amazing that the "old" Nautilus don't can is at the same level?What is sure the new B&W are in test "at home from B&W", sure that the price go up. :cry:

Style
                                      Well mate, one could do as he pleases, but be sure for one thing:
                                      they are going to be on the same level!
                                      With this, I don't mean that there wont be any improvements, there will be, but when we are talking about speakers of quality like 802D (or 803D) the improvements are going to be minor as always is happening with hi-end (be it speakers, amps etc.)
                                      Does anyone here truly believes that ,lets say 801N, isn't a hi end speaker of great quality because it was replaced by 801D?

Chris

Comment

• bigburner
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • May 2005

This is wonderful news because the price of the 802D and 803D will probably drop and I won't need to sell one of my children to get a pair!

Seriously though, things aren't that tight but the prices here in New Zealand are hard to justify when my current (modest) system sounds so damn good.

1oldguy, if I lived in your part of the world I think I'd be paying you a visit. That's a wonderful deal you're offering.

Nigel.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Aug 2003

They just built that plant. I find it hard to believe that they would abandon it already.
                                          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• scanido
                                            • Apr 2006

My wish is that they developed a speaker the size of the 803S with the diamond tweeter.

Comment

• aarsoe
                                              • May 2004

In reference to the plant - the cabinet maker in Denmark is not owned by B&W, but is in fact a furniture factory. They are one of the extremely few who can really bend wood into any shape or form - hence the cost associated.
                                              But before we all go and kill our self, lets remember that Krell made really good speakers using aluminum and even though I love my 802Ds I would not be against a smaller cabinet making them more pleasing to the eye and more importantly to my wife's eyes..

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bigburner
                                                This is wonderful news because the price of the 802D and 803D will probably drop and I won't need to sell one of my children to get a pair!

Seriously though, things aren't that tight but the prices here in New Zealand are hard to justify when my current (modest) system sounds so damn good.

1oldguy, if I lived in your part of the world I think I'd be paying you a visit. That's a wonderful deal you're offering.

Nigel.

Thank You......N. You would be very welcome anytime for a spot of tea as they say here in Newfoundland.

For the record since I've been getting alot of questions about the actual Price.
                                                I will be selling both the 802D and the 803D For $14,000.00 for all 4 speakers Plus Shipping on the buyers part.
                                                Last edited by 1oldguy; 09 September 2009, 21:56 Wednesday.

Comment

• tim916
                                                  • May 2009

In reference to the plant - the cabinet maker in Denmark is not owned by B&W, but is in fact a furniture factory. They are one of the extremely few who can really bend wood into any shape or form - hence the cost associated.
                                                  But before we all go and kill our self, lets remember that Krell made really good speakers using aluminum and even though I love my 802Ds I would not be against a smaller cabinet making them more pleasing to the eye and more importantly to my wife's eyes..
                                                  I've heard that they will stop manufacturing in Denmark, but I do not have any idea as to when. My guess is that the reason is that the cost is probably prohibitive.

Comment

• emig5m
                                                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by scanido
                                                    My wish is that they developed a speaker the size of the 803S with the diamond tweeter.
                                                    How about a bookshelf with a FST mid and diamond? Then you could have the nice open FST mids in a nice small speaker. Throw in a sub and do the same thing that normally takes two huge towers. Honestly I like a system that's smaller anymore. A bookshelf with a FST driver would be sweet! (I honestly considered going all bookshelf speakers crossed over to a sub but my back to back comparisons with a FST vs no FST I liked the more open, clearer, and detailed FST mids every time so I couldn't give them up, lol.) Maybe a 804S chopped off right under the first woofer and add a diamond tweeter then you'll have something going in a small package.

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by emig5m
                                                      How about a bookshelf with a FST mid and diamond? Then you could have the nice open FST mids in a nice small speaker. Throw in a sub and do the same thing that normally takes two huge towers. Honestly I like a system that's smaller anymore. A bookshelf with a FST driver would be sweet! (I honestly considered going all bookshelf speakers crossed over to a sub but my back to back comparisons with a FST vs no FST I liked the more open, clearer, and detailed FST mids every time so I couldn't give them up, lol.) Maybe a 804S chopped off right under the first woofer and add a diamond tweeter then you'll have something going in a small package.
                                                      I had gone into the smaller, minalmalist direction in the late 1980's, buying into the small speakers surround sound notion. It was just not that satisfying as a steady diet for too long. As I get older, I'm favoring the direction of bigger is better, as it always was in the past. Just like there is no replacement for displacement in the automobile circles, large speakers just give the sense of a real performance, like no small speaker can ever replicate.

Comment

• beden1
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Oct 2006

It's a damn shame that there is no place in this world for true craftsmanship. Where in the world will the next Stradivarius Violins be born from the hand of man, when man is only pushing the buttons of machines?

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                          • Dec 2008

As for the size and shape of the 800 series speaker for me there is no equal.Women seem to hate the big speakers and us men seem to love it.I find it odd but cute.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                            • Oct 2007

RE: Danish cabinet makers ...

I seamed to remember that B&W initially had the cabinets made for the, but in the early to mid 2000s bought the company. Searching on Wikipedia I found this statement "B&W took over its own production factory for cabinets Agerbæk, Denmark in 2003. In the same year, the Bradford location was left for new premises in Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire." which confirms my recollections.

Also on B&W's website under Craftsmen they also talk about owning the Danish factory.

Eloise

Links:

Comment

• aarsoe
                                                              • May 2004

Audio_EIF you are right - my bad. I was thinking of Hornslet that makes speaker enclosures for almost everyone else.
                                                              Although in Danish, here is an article from a visit at the plant where you can see their enclose technology..

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                • Dec 2008

Today I spoke with my dealer and he said to me that B&W will transfer the factory of cabinets from Denmark to UK. Also that B&W has stopped selling the ASW 855 and 825 because 2010 will have a new sub with room correction... All the 800 seriew will stay the same...

Comment

• scanido
                                                                  • Apr 2006

Wanted to find out more on this, so i spoke to B&W Product Manager about a new 800 series line anytime next year, and although they didn't specifically say that the 800 series will be replaced, they eluded to the fact that the Nautilus generation prior to the current series has ran for 6yrs. Since the current 800series was officially out in early 2005, that would give this series at least another 2 more years.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2003

I don't believe we will be seeing anything new next year. But you do have to wonder what we can learn from the db1 about the ideas of the next generation.

Comment

• vlasis
                                                                      • May 2007

Originally posted by JargonGR
                                                                      Ah the hell with it! I will just sit and enjoy my 800Ds I bought last year and will block the B&W site from displaying in all my PCs! No way I am killing my speakers to buy the new ones.
                                                                      Τι κανεις βρε παλλικαρακι...ε ρε γλεντιααααααα!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                      How are you my friend??Something new?? :T :T

Comment

• JargonGR
                                                                        • Feb 2009

Χαχαχαχα!

It's nice to see fellow members from other fora here but with the common love for B&W!

No worries vlassis we won't need to upgrade it seems and I would no way part with my "WOODEN" 800Ds !

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                          • 2299

my dealer said that he was told at CEDIA the new diamond series would debut at CES.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                            • Oct 2002
                                                                            • 4601

Hmm, I wonder if he meant CES 2011? I was told by B&W that at next year's Cedia you might hear something about new 800's.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jamesdaman
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Apr 2008
                                                                              • 136

#39
                                                                              Thought id give an update, had it confirmed today by a few dealers that we will see the new 800 series next year. I rang B&W and spoke to a very helpful guy, he told me to expect the new range sooner then later. The other thing he told me is the diamond will be put on the replacement for the 805s, so im guessing its on all of them?? One bad thing, major price hike, looking around £3500 for the new 805s, OUCH!

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Sep 2005
                                                                                • 1792

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by jamesdaman
                                                                                Thought id give an update, had it confirmed today by a few dealers that we will see the new 800 series next year. I rang B&W and spoke to a very helpful guy, he told me to expect the new range sooner then later. The other thing he told me is the diamond will be put on the replacement for the 805s, so im guessing its on all of them?? One bad thing, major price hike, looking around £3500 for the new 805s, OUCH!

i thought they were changing the series to bring down the costs? Now a price hike?

I guess time will tell, but thats like $7,000 CDN for 805s!!

Comment

• jamesdaman
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2008
                                                                                  • 136

#41
                                                                                  Nope, the price is one thing they were very clear about and that was its going up, not down. The crazzy thing is you looking at about £5000 or so for something along the lines of the 804s. I did try and get some info out of B&W about whether they would be made of wood or metal, he kinda laughed and didnt say alot so im unclear as to what they will look like, but he said they would be differnt from the current style. The other thing is they are going to be harder to drive from what he said, ive got a quad 909 and he said that would drive the 805s no problems but the new range might be a differnt story. He also said they had no stock of the 800 series subs left and stock was running low on the rest of the line. Guess we will see something soon

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Mar 2006
                                                                                    • 2109

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by jamesdaman
                                                                                    He also said they had no stock of the 800 series subs left and stock was running low on the rest of the line. Guess we will see something soon
                                                                                    I think the new DB-1 may be a harbinger of many things. :W
                                                                                    Kal Rubinson
                                                                                    _______________________________
                                                                                    "Music in the Round"
                                                                                    Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                                    http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• boarder1995
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2009
                                                                                      • 68

#43
                                                                                      DB-1 looks nice, but to me a better visual match to the CM line.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2006
                                                                                        • 2109

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by boarder1995
                                                                                        DB-1 looks nice, but to me a better visual match to the CM line.
                                                                                        At the moment. (Just a guess.)
                                                                                        Kal Rubinson
                                                                                        _______________________________
                                                                                        "Music in the Round"
                                                                                        Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                                                        http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• boarder1995
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Sep 2009
                                                                                          • 68

#45
                                                                                          That's what I was thinking too...perhaps a similar look for the new 800 series, but with more curves than the CM line? Hmmm...time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"