X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Horacio
    • Jan 2005

current policy re cable threads?

A couple weeks ago I came across a thread where it was mentioned this forum's sponsor went out of business and it wasn't clear if it was now OK to discuss cables naming brands et al. I can't find that thread now and I'm wondering if the policy has changed.

Comments?
    I don't mean to break the rules, yet on the other hand in this forum there is a wealth of cable knowledge specific for B&W.

Horacio
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

I wonder as well. Moderators...any answers?
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

I personally wish that the cable/ic issue would be opened up.This forum has a wealth of knowledge that it is not being allowed to be tapped into and it is a shame.This is the only forum that has B&W and Rotel to my knowledge and would love to be able to post a thread asking others with the same setup what they are using.But since this is not allowed I will respect the rules.

Comment

• mal01
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Opus007
        I personally wish that the cable/ic issue would be opened up.This forum has a wealth of knowledge that it is not being allowed to be tapped into and it is a shame.This is the only forum that has B&W and Rotel to my knowledge and would love to be able to post a thread asking others with the same setup what they are using.But since this is not allowed I will respect the rules.
        +1111111111111111111111111111111

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

What's up people?

I will find out what's going on with this topic.

On topic note here, you can ask questions about cables just leave brand names out. I'm sure someone can help you with your questions. For now.

Comment

• Opus007
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dmantis
            What's up people?

I will find out what's going on with this topic.

On topic note here, you can ask questions about cables just leave brand names out. I'm sure someone can help you with your questions. For now.
            Thanks Dmantis,the thing is the brand name is what most are interested in.I frequent the AGon cable forum but if you ask there you get many different response and are lucky if... and I mean lucky... if you get someone with a response that has a similar system as yourself.Also if you ask in another forum who I will not name ...it is all snake oil.Very frustrating indeed.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Some more guidance :-)

Generally "whats the best cable for" threads.. or threads that go "all cables ar snake oil and there are no differnces, you are folling yourself: end up long and viscious - so we simply don't allow them...

If you want to share your cable experiences in a nice way - thats fine... Even mention brand names... But respect the sponsor of the forum... Doug still makes the odd cable for a friend and does not want this to become a bunfight... So keep it positive... Or I'll lock it down (as wil Doug)

Geoff

Comment

• Horacio
                • Jan 2005

Fair enough, Geoff. Thanks for finding out and making it clear for all.

Comment

• Opus007
                  • Nov 2007

Thanks Geoff for the clarification.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Actually guys, after 5-6 years in the cable biz, then the economy hit recession, I felt like it was time for a break. While I have not made a decision how agressive I will be, I do basically have 2 orders at least going right now. I am still at an in between stage, but considering a more aggressive re-opening. I likely won't be in an immediate hurry to do so, but I am thinking about this. So, this is my status.
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"