X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreggM
    • Dec 2002

New Too Club Rotel

Hello everyone, I am new to Club Rotel. I purchased my rotel 1066/1075 combination back in July and have been in love with the sound ever since. I have this outfit matched to 4 Spendor s 3/5 speakers and a spendor center and my video is driven by a Denon 3800. I sure hope everyone enjoys the sound of of their set up as much as I enjoy mine.

Gregg
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to Club Rotel! Its always nice to add another happy Rotel customer to the club

Comment

• GreggM
      • Dec 2002

Andrew,

Thanks for the welcome, while you are on the board today, I think (after 5 months) I am going to upgrade the firmware on my rotel. Should I wait until the next release, also how do I get my hands on the cable.

Gregg

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Waiting for firmware is like waiting for the next generation of CPU's in computers...i.e. there's always something new coming out so if you wait you'll be waiting for ever. So with that in mind make a cable or request one from Rotel and start upgrading that firmware!
        I posted a lenghty thread here on how to make the cable but if you don't feel comfortable doing that you can always order one directly from Rotel (see the website for info)

Comment

• wng
          • Dec 2002

Rather than taking up a new thread, I'd also like to intro myself here, as well. I've had my RSP-1066/RMB-1075 combo for about 2 months now and love it. It's driving a pair of B&W CM4 fronts, a CM C center, and a pair of DM600 S3 rears. I have an Arcam CD92 for 2-channel playback. The sound is just sweet.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
            • Dec 2002

GreggM,

what is your experience with the Denon DVD3800 with Rotel? I have the same combo as you have (since today).

What was your decision to choose for a denon instead the Rotel 1080 dvd player?

------------------------------------------------------
            Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• GreggM
              • Dec 2002

I decided that the Dennon was a better fit for my system. the choice was that or the Pioneer and after much reading chose the denon. I love my entire system. It makes my spendor speakers sing. Keep in touch.

Gregg

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                • Dec 2002

You decided... you told us, but why?

I'm very happy with the denon, I had the denon before a choose for rotel. Also I like the looks of a set, and a champagne don't fit between the black rotels. So maybe I have to order the rotel 1080 dvd, and trade my denon 3800. But I think that the denon is a bit better than the rotel. Is that right?

People always talk about the maranzt 8300, denon 3800/9000/a1, but never talk about the rotel dvd player.

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                  People always talk about the maranzt 8300, denon 3800/9000/a1, but never talk about the rotel dvd player.
                  The RDV-1080 is too expensive for what is offers. In just DVD-Video it doesn't match up to the topnotch performance that Denon or Toshiba deliver. The Marantz DV8300 is a powerfull player, because it has both DVD-A and SACD and superb performance on stereo and HT.

Comment

• GreggM
                    • Dec 2002

I was able to do AB comparisons of the denon and pioneer. The denon in my opinion was better with cd's and movies. My HT shop also had a Rotel DVD but it did not offer dvda or sacd. The denon looks great between my silver rotel pre/pro and amp.

Gregg

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"