X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • e.mann30
    • Aug 2009

SPEAKER STANDS for 685 and the 686

I just recently purchased the 685 as my main speakers , and the 686 for the rear surround speakers. I don't want to buy the FS-700 CM because of the price. What speaker stands do ya'll recommend for each pair (685) (686) ?
  • sunshdw
    • Sep 2008

I believe these are the D61 stands we use here in the store. around 100.00 and look good
    Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

• e.mann30
      • Aug 2009

D61

So these stands are b&w brand ? I don't see them on the website. If not what is the name of the brand and where can I buy them. You are right , they look really good and cheaper to.

Comment

• sunshdw
        • Sep 2008

yes they from B&W. I'm not sure why they don't have them on the site but I couldn't find them either

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

• e.mann30
          • Aug 2009

Thanks

Just called audio advisors where I got my speakers from and they sell them there for 99.95. I never heard of these stands so thanks a million. Man , that's why I love these forums , get all the answers you need . Now I need some for the rear surround 686 speakers.

Comment

• sunshdw
            • Sep 2008

No prob!!
            I've also found that if you drill a hole the size of your speaker wire you are using in the bottom plate and the back of one of the legs you can hide it better. Those stands don't give you a way to run the wire through the stand so I had to make a way for here in the store and our clients.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"