Received 800D's plus free Classe CDP-102!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Received 800D's plus free Classe CDP-102!

I took delivery of my B&W 800D speakers today and the store I bought it from included a free CDP-102!

Is the 102 worth using with the 800D's? I have read reviews the sonic differences between 102/202 are very minimal...

Anyone using a 102/202 CD or 500/700 PRE? with 800D/801/802?
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hi SE555,

wow, but how much do you have payed for the 800d??

Do you have a great Classe combo to connect him??

your dealer have maked a big surprise or?

Style

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by SoundEngine355
      I took delivery of my B&W 800D speakers today ...
      Fantastic! Good luck with setting them up. When you get the chance, it'll be great to see some pics to drool over. In the meantime ... enjoy! :T

Comment

• BWLover
        • Jan 2009

I think classé was specifically designed for the 800 series. B&W Rotel & Classé are all one company. So in my mind Classé is the best match for B&W because what else would they test there gear on then B&W speakers?
        Last edited by BWLover; 29 August 2009, 04:25 Saturday.
        Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
        Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
        Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
        Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
        Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
        Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
        Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
        Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
        Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
        Playstation 3
        Shaw HD PVR
        Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• SoundEngine355
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by style
          Hi SE555,

wow, but how much do you have payed for the 800d??

Do you have a great Classe combo to connect him??

your dealer have maked a big surprise or?

Style
          I got the best deal in town on the 800D's, got 3 resellers bidding against each other.

The Classe CDP-102 was included to get me to come back and buy the HTM1D, CP-500/700 and CA5200.
          SoundEngine355

-------------------

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

The Classe CDP-102 was included to get me to come back and buy the HTM1D, CP-500/700 and CA5200.
            Hi SoundEngine355,

You're lucky. Switzerland to have a B&W "units" there is only 1 importer .... ok, more delaer but for normal discount is max. 6%
            (without a friend inside B&W :W )....the importer (Classe Switzerland) don't will have a Dealer "war"...the Dealer that don't respect official prices (with this 6%..) don't see no more ours products...

sorry, you will make a 2 channel system? why you will go with the CA5200?
            (bi-amp the 800d?)
            the cd500 I will forget... or the cd700 or the SSP800 in 2 channel too!

Between the cd700 and the SSP800 in 2 ch. is not much difference ...you have the best with the ssp or the 700...
            in place of the ca5200 go with 2 x CAM400 or 2 x CA2200 in bi-amp!! but if the HT is in your head go with the CA5200...
            Style

Comment

• SoundEngine355
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by style
              Hi SoundEngine355,

You're lucky. Switzerland to have a B&W "units" there is only 1 importer .... ok, more delaer but for normal discount is max. 6%
              (without a friend inside B&W :W )....the importer (Classe Switzerland) don't will have a Dealer "war"...the Dealer that don't respect official prices (with this 6%..) don't see no more ours products...

sorry, you will make a 2 channel system? why you will go with the CA5200?
              (bi-amp the 800d?)
              the cd500 I will forget... or the cd700 or the SSP800 in 2 channel too!

Between the cd700 and the SSP800 in 2 ch. is not much difference ...you have the best with the ssp or the 700...
              in place of the ca5200 go with 2 x CAM400 or 2 x CA2200 in bi-amp!! but if the HT is in your head go with the CA5200...
              Style
              Hey,

I built my own 300W/8 and 500W/4 mono blocks to power the 800D's. If this is not enought power then I will build a 700W/8 and 1200W/4 mono blocks.

I will use the CDP-102 directly connected to the amplifier, no need for a preamplifier. I use a selector switch between my home theatre output (RCA) and CDP-102 output (XLR) before it goes to the amplifier.

I also have another selector switch from my home theatre subwoofer output (RCA) and the CDP-102 (RCA) output before it goes to the subwoofer, so I can have 2ch with subwoofer.

SoundEngine355

-------------------

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"