X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exntric
    • Aug 2009

B&W 685 and a possible change of amplification

Hello guys!

To start things off I might as well introduce myself as the newest "member" of your club (didnt see any application form . Im at the entry level of the B&W audiosphere, owning a pair DM 685s and beeing happy with that, at least for the moment...

I recently acquired a NAD C372 as my new integrated, but despite its ample power supply, I kinda feel that it doesnt have the finesse that I was hoping for... Also, I will eventually upgrade my speaker into a pair of 805S, and I want to be ready for it, electronics-wise :T

I got the offer to trade my NAD for a Xindak XA 6950 the other day, and if my research is positive about this amplifier, I will take the plunge.

This is where you come in ;x(

Have any of you had any experience with this Xindak amp (or both amps mentioned here), and do you think this would be a suitable upgrade, and possibly a worthy match with the 805S?

Thanks for any advice people! Hope we get along :B
    Regards,
    Steffen
  • kmcheng
    • Jan 2008

To be honest I have never heard of Xindak before.
    Here are some integrated that, IMO, sound somewhat different from your NAD. Are they better sounding? You will be the only one who can answer that question.
    Krell s300i
    Cambridge Audio 840 v2
    Bel Canto s300i

Another thing to check out is Emotiva. Some separates from them would be cheaper than the options above.

Comment

• exntric
      • Aug 2009

Thanks for the answer! I went on and traded my NAD for the Xindak (which is btw a chinese manufacturer) and I find that it is a major improvement! I had some trouble with the sound beeing fatiguing to listen to at higher volumes while using the NAD, but that effect has been lessened considerably, if not completely eradicated

I used the cheaper 640 v2 from Cambridge before I bought the NAD because I felt my speakers needed more power. The 840 v2 was a little too expensive for me, sadly. That would have been my choice had I the cash for it :-/

But in the end, the result Im receiving from my Xindak is satisfactory
      Regards,
      Steffen

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"