Speaker Cabinet Design and driver/crossover selection.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaceBW
    • Jan 2003

Speaker Cabinet Design and driver/crossover selection.

All:

I am interested in designing my own speaker's and was wondering if you all new of any good recources (books, internet, etc) related to cabinet design, driver selection, crossover selection.

I already know that I want an expensive silk dome tweater (I like the sound of the good silk dome tweaters -- but which one?)

Any information would be greatly appreciated...
    Brian
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

Psst - Wallace - wanna buy some hot tweeters? Acme brand, Screechfire II model. Wonderful cymbal with sweet violin reproduction coupled with 109 degree dispersion.

Just kidding - it's Friday
    Seriously, I recommend buying a kit first, then you can study assembly and also the crossover design/implementation. Go to Radio Shack and buy "Advanced Loudspeaker Design" for a fairly detailed introduction. Order Vance Dickason's "Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" - it's the bible. After those two books, then decide how you want to pursue your interest in designing.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"