X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cartier
    • Jan 2003

New Screen

I cracked my screen on my Mitsibishi 45 inch rear projection tv. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement..havent had much luck where I purchased the unit..also is there possibly a better screen I can buy?? and is this something I sould tackle myself..This is the actual screen, NOT the protective one, which I never purchased.
    Thanks in advance
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

Cartier,

The screen assembly of an RPTV is typically made up of three plastic-like sheets. You don't have a protective sheet (called a screen saver for obvious reasons), so your screen will be comprised of two sheets held together by different means depending on the manufacturer.

The two sheets you have are called the Lenticular (outside sheet) and Fresnel (inside sheet). You'll have to be specific about which is cracked when you order it.

It depends how handy you are, whether you can do it yourself. Myself and many others have taken theirs apart to remove the screen saver (so we don't have to sit and watch ourselves watching TV). I have not taken a Mits apart, so I guess I can't comment, but most RPTV's are a similar process for screen replacement.

I guess your first order of business is to determine which screen is broken and see if it's possible to order it. I'm afraid I can't help you there, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a supplier......

If you've got kiddies at home, I would recommend a screen saver to avoid the chance of cracking your screen in the future.. Or was your woman throwing plates at you........

brucek

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

I'd ask over at the Mits forum on the Spot. They are the experts on these sets.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"