X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outhok
    • Sep 2000

Tempest cube project

Here is a link to some photos of my Tempest cube. I still have to mount the legs to the baffle and finish the paint job. Should get most of that done this weekend. I'll add photos as I go. I plan on powering the unit with one of Adire's new 250w plate amps, but will have to live with 100w until then.
    Now I just need the driver!!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

interesting...5 ports. How large is each port?

Comment

• outhok
      • Sep 2000

They are 2"ID and flared with a 3/4" radius router bit. I cut 5 pieces of pipe to length and then glued them all back together with couplers. Next it was off to the power miter to cut them back apart again. That gave me an area on each end that was about 1/2" thick. After they were mounted in the box, a final pass of the router on the outside of the box radiused them in to the wood. The inner radius is actually slightly smaller. I went with this configuration so I could experiment. Running 3,4, or 5 ports should tune to 19.5,22,24. I'll only have 250w driving it so I don't think that I'll have trouble with port noise.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"