X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfdoddsy
    • Sep 2000

Celestion 6000 dipole sub

Anybody familiar with the Celestion 6000 dipole sub.? I used to own a pair and really liked the sound but not the lack of dynamics.

Here's a pic:

But to my chagrin, someone from the Basslist asked me how the speakers were wired and I could not answer him definitively. Each sub has two 12 inch drivers facing each other. I assume one is wired out of phase?

He wants to build a clone and he was wondering how such an alignment might compare to an H-Frame.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
    Steve's OB Journey
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Can't tell from the pic. If the drivers are mounted with their magnets to the outside of the enclosure, then they are wired in-phase. If one has it's magnet nested in the cone of the other then they are wired out of phase.

Regardless of the driver mounting, the idea is to squeeze the air out the slot between the drivers.

Note the arrows indicating the flow of air from this graphic from the Linkwitz site

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• sfdoddsy
      • Sep 2000

The drivers are mounted face to face with the magnets on the outside of each of the baffles.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
      Steve's OB Journey

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"