X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Y
    • May 2002

Need some advice regarding Adire Tumult in a ported enclosure

I am attempting to model an Adire Tumult in a ported enclosure. I am trying to use a 160 liter enclosure tuned to 20 hertz with a 6" port. Unibox 4.02 tells me the port should be about 33.75". This port has a resonance at 190 hertz and the airspeed in the port is 39 m/s at 18 hertz driven with 1200 watts. Does anyone think that the port resonance and the port airspeed are a problem. I will be using my ht receiver's 12 db/octave sub filter for the crossover. The crossover frequency is 80 hertz. I do have a BFD if this will help any.

This driver appears to require a long large diameter port no matter what box you put it in. If you put it in a 200 L box and tune it to 20 hertz you get about a 1.5 db hump at 20 hertz. To get rid of the hump you then tune it to ~ 17 hertz and you have a long large diamter port again.

I do have a linkwitz transform I can use on this sub for a sealed alignment. It also looks tasty as an IB sub with a linkwitz transform . My wife is relutctant to let me cut a hole in the wall :roll:
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I used a 30"+ port with the AS-15 and have no problems with any port resonances.

Be sure to use the Aero-Port 6" flares to avoid chuffing with any high output driver.

IMO a 12dB/octave XO slope is a little low....

Make a full size cardboard model of the ported sub then ask her if she'd prefer a 15" diameter hole in the wall instead!

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"