X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Seas baffle tests

Don't know if you guys building dipoles have seen this one. Don Maurer tested a bunch of baffles with a pair of Seas W22s. He was looking for a Phoenix-style baffle with good horizontal polar response.

"Test panels 14 and 30 have the most uniform horizontal polar response. The deviations of more than +/- 2 dB for these panels occur at a frequencies PAST the crossover point of 1440Hz-1500Hz. The panels are 11" W x 2.5"-2.75" D x 26" H. These dimensions are quite a bit different from the original Phoenix dimensions - 12.5" W x 3.5" D x 26" H."
  • sfdoddsy
    • Sep 2000

Yes, I saw those. Subsequently he posted to the Basslist that the thinner panels required too much bass boost at 100Hz and I think he is going back to the original width of 12.5.

The Orion is 13" with 2" side panels and that's the dimension I've been using.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
    Steve's OB Journey

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"