X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Stryke pre-order

Since John is an advertiser on the mail HTG page, I told him we could post this here.
    IF you have questions on the drivers, I suggest starting a new thread so we don't loose focus on the pre-orders.

I am sure John would be glad to stop in and answer any questions you may have.

Special Pre-order now at Stryke on these. If you decide to order some, and you saw it here, post here that you are "in" and how many. When everyone (if anyone) signs up, I will present John with the mass order, though you all will follow up with Stryke with Payment and shipping info...

After much anticipation, the new "bang per buck" champions are here. We have been working long and hard, along with TC Sounds, "The Leader in High Excursion Bass Drivers," to produce a new affordable option for those who are looking for a high quality, high excursion woofer, without the high price tag. What we came up with are our new AV12 and AV15 woofers.

We started with a standard TC Sounds motor design that has been long proven in the industry. The AV12 and AV15 utilize a specially designed 2" diameter, 2.1" long VC and a .5" thick gap plate. This gives 20.32mm of VC overhang, and allows for a measured Xmag of 23.4mm. A 12 spoke cast aluminum basket was chosen for it's strenght, and adequate venting under the VC to aid in cooling. This venting in the basket, and the specially designed VC give this woofer power handling that far exceeds that of standard 2" VC woofers.
    Images available Sept 18. Looks to be a winner!

Thanks!
    Lex

DRIVER: AV12 T/S 12" driver

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Fs: 21Hz
    Qms: 4.41
    Qes: .399
    Qts: .366
    Vas: 88 L
    Re: 2.97 ohm
    Z: 4 ohm
    BL: 15 Tm
    Cms: .25 mm/N
    Mms: 228 g
    Pe: 500W
    1W/1m: 85.5dB
    2.83V: 89.5dB
    Xmax: 23.4 mm
    Xsus: 30 mm
    Sd: 498 sq cm

LIST PRICE: 175.00
    140.00 preorder NOW

AV15 T/S 15" driver
    Fs: 19.7 Hz
    Qms: 4.71
    Qes: .399
    Qts: .368
    Vas: 228 L
    Re: 2.97 ohm
    Z: 4 ohm
    BL: 15.5 Tm
    Cms: .25 mm/N
    Mms: 260 g
    Pe: 500W
    1W/1m: 88.5dB
    2.83V: 92.5dB
    Xmax: 23.3 mm
    Xsus: 30 mm
    Sd: 802 sq cm
    Vd: 3.8 L

$205 list price

$165 preorder!
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

Can anyone tell me how this compares to Adire's 12" Shiva? Would this speaker be good for a Sonotube design?

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Eduardo, can you start a new thread comparing them, this is pre-order only thread, thanks!

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Stryke
        • Dec 2000

For those interested, pictures of the prototype driver are now up on the page. The prototype used a standard 4 spoke venezuela basket and a 1.75" deep magnet stack. The production verison uses the 12 spoke MTX style basket and a 2" deep magnet stack for more clearance. Also the logo on the dustcap was overlayed. It is planned to have the logo on the production drivers. If anyone who plans to order a woofer really does not care for the logo to be on their driver, let me know and I can get you one without it.

http://www.stryke.com/AVseries.html

John

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"