X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Gilvey
    • Aug 2001

Dayton 15

Any of you freaks who's minds have been corrupted by Thomas' incessant blathering about infinite baffleness can grab two of the new Dayton 15" IB subs for $198...nice deal. Specs:

Specifications: * Power handling: 350 watts RMS/600 watts max * VCdia: 2" * Le: 3.08 mH * Znom: 8 ohm * Re: 5.2 ohms * Frequency range: 20-500 Hz * Magnet weight: 90 oz. * Fs: 20.8 Hz * SPL: 88.2 dB 1W/1m, 90.0 dB 2.83V/1m * Vas: 11.11 cu. ft. * Qms: 12.08 * Qes: .69 * Qts: .65 * Xmax: 14.3 mm * Dimensions: A: 15-1/8", B: 13-7/8", C: 7-3/8", D: 6-1/2".
    Click the Parts Express link at the top of this page, they're on the home page at the "Deal-of-the-Day".

"Hurry, This Deal Expires 09/03/02 At 6:00 PM Eastern Time! "
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thomas' incessant blathering about infinite baffleness
    Hey I resemble that remark. :B

I saw those, that's a pretty nice price for a good 15"

It's interesting how in the last few months 'speciality' drivers are beginning to come onto the market First the DPL-12, now this IB driver from PE.....

Although the website says only until 9/30. The PE specials posted on fridays are good until mondays most of the time.

I did a 'add to basket' before this post and it gave me the special price on 9/31 at 07:20 PM MDT. Given the holiday the special may actually go until tuesday.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Hank
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2002

My mind is mush from the onslaught of the infinite baffleness info here. I can't spend any money on additional experimental drivers just yet. I've bought TB 3"ers and 8" subwoofs to do more tinkering with my BoseBuster and CarverCrusher prototypes. Hopefully before December I can buy two RD50's and whatever woofs would be best - maybe Jon's recommended MCM drivers or Danny's . The big decision is dipole or monopole. Oh well, lots of time to bug J&T until decision time.

Comment

• Brian Bunge
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2001

Hank,

Would these speakers be replacing your mains in the HT or in that spare, unused living room? I can't imagine putting dipoles in your current setup, but maybe they'd work well in the living room. But again, what the hell do I know?

Brian

Comment

• Hank
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Brian Bunge

But again, what the hell do I know?
          I rest my case Seriously, yes the current system location is too narrow for the wide baffle widths if I went with dipole - about as narrow as Pete's location. If I build these "ultimate" speakers, I might use them in the big empty room, but they would be for the long run and move with me into my next house, which hopefully will be chosen with a main criteria: a good HT room.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"