X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerry Hackney
    • Dec 2000

I HATE cats....

:evil: I love building speakers. The challenge for me is finding enough time to do it. Because of this, my projects tend to proceed in periods of great activity, followed by days of nothing. My current AV-1 project for my daughter is like that. The cabinets are almost done, I have the crossovers built, and I have put leads on all the drivers. Now comes my recent setback. I soldered on all the leads so that everything is ready to drop in once the cabinets are fully finished. But, I don't want any dust settling on the drivers so, I take them out of the shop into the office and lay them on the desk. Last night I discovered that Smokey, the damn fuzzy butted cat in our house has been in the office and layed down to nap right on top of one of the silk dome tweeters. You got it, it's flattened. So today, I get to call up and order a replacement. GRRRRRRR>>>

I did use a vacuum and pull the dome back up but it has small rinkles now. It would probably work, but I fear some rough response. I'll save it for an emergency spare I guess.

I should have sealed that cat in my Tempest sub when I had the chance. "Gee honey, I haven't seen him in days, I don't know where he could be" BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!! :twisted:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

:F to cats

Comment

• Brian Bunge
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2001

Kerry,

I that regard, I should start a thread called, "I hate kids..." as my niece punched in both tweeters and the dust cap of one of the midwoofs on my ACI Emeralds about a year ago. I used the vacuum thing on the tweets and a small needle to pull out the dust cap on the midwoof. I definitely don't hear any difference but I also ordered replacements just to be safe!

Brian

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Bummer Kerry! You just can't keep cats off counters and desks. Thats' why, the only cat I have is well, you know.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hank
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2002

Cats were made to be flushed.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
            • Aug 2001

You guys are mean.

Comment

• Brian Bunge
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2001

I actually love cats. They just have that F you attitude. I love my dogs also but I have a real problem with an animal that's happy all the time and wants constant attention. From the attention standpoint it's like having 3 wives!

Brian

Comment

• Patrick Sun
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2000

Sigh...

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
                PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I've got 3 felines, one's 15+yrs old, the others are less than 6mos'. They are a wonderful part of my life

All 3 are trained to a silent dog whistle

I have two words for those wanting to keep a cat away from something.....

Coyote urine... :B

theAudioWorx
                  Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• PMazz
                    • May 2001

Damn....How'd you train the coyote?

I've got two cats and they're both great. Like any other pet, ya gotta train em'.

Had a dog but we lost him, and my wife and I both work, so no puppy in our future.

Pete
                    Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Kerry Hackney
                      • Dec 2000

Pete, that's exactly how we ended up with cats. MiLing, our Chow, was with us for almost 14 years. The day I had to take her to be put down was absolutely one of the hardest days of my life. I still miss her not meeting us at the door when we get home. That was 5 years ago. Now we have a brother and sister pair of cats.

It is funny how the male cat is always getting into something. The female is never in trouble. I should have learned by now that if you put something down, he thinks he is obligated to lay on it. Doesn't matter if it is the news papers, the mail, clothes out of the laundry or a silk dome tweeter. If it isn't his, he has to lay on it. :roll:

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

I have two words for those wanting to keep a cat away from something.....

Coyote urine...
                        Yeah, but how do you keep the coyote from pissing on everything else, including solid state electronics? :LOL:

Something else works pretty well too, water hose, lol.

Lex
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ThomasW
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

You guys are SO literal :B

Coyote urine is sold by the pint!

It's primary use is to scare dear/rabbits/etc away from gardens and stuff. It turns out that a drop or two on something and cat avoid it like the plague

theAudioWorx
                          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• John Holmes
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Coyote urine is sold by the pint!
                            Okay, this is just too easy!:B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

Yep, I want MY electronics to have that faint odor of carnivore pee. Not. 8O

Actually, Jenice (my wildlife rehabbing wife) has recommended this to some people having wild animal problems in our neighborhood. It does work.

David - HTGuide flunky
                              Our "Theater"
                              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

I can't believe that such an intellectually stimulating thread has come to a halt. Heh.

David - HTGuide flunky
                                Our "Theater"
                                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• ThomasW
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

David

I'll do my best to keep this highly stimulating thread alive

One doesn't need to saturate equipment with the urine. Just use a couple of drops placed on a suitable absorbant fabric placed in proximity to what needs protection.

Since a cats sense of smell is ~100X that of a human, as they say "a little dab will do" :B

theAudioWorx
                                  Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
                                  😀
                                  😂
                                  🥰
                                  😘
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😞
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"