X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hiro
    • Nov 2002

Rotel RSP-1066 Bass-management

Hi everybody!
    I'm new user ops: in this forum and congratulation for the quality posts! I'm also french and please do not take care of my poor english!
    I've got one question :?: and one suggestion :idea: from a newbie! :roll:
    The first one is for Andrew: is the new firmware v1.47 available in your website for Rotel’s RSX-1055 or/and RSP-1066?
    For the second one, please forgive me if I'm completly wrong, I suggest to use directly the subwoofer output of the DVD-Audio/SACD player in order to avoid the bass-management bug of the RSP-1066 in case of multichannel listenning.
    Is it a good idea? Is it better to buy the Outlaw ICBM as suggested?
    If you prefer the ICBM, do you know whether I could order one from USA knowing that I live in France and It must have a 230V/50Hz power supply included?
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hiro
    The first one is for Andrew: is the new firmware v1.47 available in your website for Rotel’s RSX-1055 or/and RSP-1066?
    The firmware for the 1055 and the 1066 are the same, so can be used for both. But beware, there are TWO versions firmware. Before flashing any firmware, check what your current version is.

To check, hold down the mute button on the remote for a couple of seconds until the firmware is displayed in the display of the 1055/1066. The firmware can be:
    a) v.2.2.x_yymmdd
    b) v.1.4.x_yymmdd

If your firmware is type b), than you can use the firmware on Andrew's site for flashing.

Look for more info in the firmware revision documenation thread on this site http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/inde...estTimeout=500

Comment

• hiro
      • Nov 2002

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for the delay from me.
      Concerning my firmware version, I followed your instructions and I've got the 1.37 one. According to another post in this section, I will update my RSP-1066 with Andrew's file (v1.47) that included all changes since the first ugrading .
      Anyway, my suggestion of by-passing the pre-amp sub input and using bass-management of the player (like the Denon DVD-3800)seems not to be a good idea: shame on me!
      Still thank you!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Arnold's right. Since you're pre amp is using the 1.XX firmware you can safely use the firmware from my site.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• Lee
          • Oct 2002

So if you have the newer firmware version... then you can't use that 1.XX??? What would happen?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

if you tried to use the 1.X firmware on a 2.X machine it would screw it up enough you'd have to send it bakc to Rotel. Rotels working on a new software updater that will autodetect the version you have and update accordingly...I've been beta testing it but its not ready yet.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"