X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewM
    • Oct 2000

Blueprint 1203's?

So has anybody had any luck with the 1203's in a sealed enclosure yet? I was going over some archives here and other forums and it looks like it could be an interesting sub to play with.

I was thinking of using 2 of them in a tube, similiar to the 1503 tube that ThomasW and others have done, just on a smaller scale. I figure you could get away with something that was 16" in diameter and probably less than 30" tall. Then throw a BFD and lots of power at it.....anybody have any idea how it would compare to a single sealed Tempest? It looks like I can come out with a theoretical advantage of around 6-8db or so...plus come out with a little extra floor space from that 7cu/ft monster.

Andrew
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

A pair of them are in my closet, and are on my list of To-Do's; they will be for a sub crossed over at 75 Hz to a dipole "main" speaker- at least that's the current plan. Sort of a goofy idea. I'm planning a single cabinet with dual drivers, isolated, and a stereo feed, possibly. Drivers will be facing opposite directions, will be "side firing".

Crossover will be a Sumo Delilah II (non feedback on HF output, variable crossover frequency, capable of self bridging amps with both polarities of output signal). Amp will probably be my Aragon 8008X3BB. May use a Marchand Basis I have with it, which can do the ole Linkwitz transform thing. But with a Q around 0.5, don't really need something that sophisticated.

No excuses for not having done this yet- Just haven't worked my way down the project list this far- I bought the drivers last fall.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"