X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pat
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

DIY Sound Absorbing Panels

I finished building some sound absorbing panels and thought I should share the results with everyone.

I feel that they made a great improvment in the detail and clarity of my system.

Basically I used the plans on TheAudioworx site but I did read Jon Risch's site too. I used the burlap idea from Jon R.

You can see photos and a couple of graphs on webpage.

I also want to thank ThomasW for all the help and guidance he provided :T

Pat's Page
    Pat's Page
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Pat

Looking good.....

It's amazing how much the panels absorb and how the characteristics of the room can be changed by prudent use of them.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• RickS
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Hey, Pat!

The room is looking great! :T Very nice job on the panels........It's very interesting to see the results that you measured. Some how I don't think the wife will let me put panels around the house but, maybe one at a time. Looks really good Pat.

Rick

The Home Theater
      DVD Collection

Comment

• Pat
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Thanks Thomas and Rick.

Rick, that's why the room is dedicated I can do anything I want in that room
        Actually since I already had black curtains up you don't really notice the additional black panels.

Pat's Page
        Pat's Page

Comment

• RickS
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Hey, Pat!

Yeah, it is really nice when you can blend in the panels with the curtains. I'm sure that the curtians also help with the sound as well. Also, with the black framing around the screen it makes contrast on the picture looks so much better. The room has come a long way since you moved in. :T

Rick

The Home Theater
          DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"