• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibor
    • Oct 2000

New Gear ?

Hello
    I am in the process of picking a new HT Receiver
    I have been looking at the Outlaw 1050 .
    The problem I have its only rated at 65W X 6 into 8 ohms . When I build my new speakers will this be enought watts to get good sound .
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

How far away do you plan on sitting away from your speakers? For a small to medium sized room, 65W/ch should be enough (provided that you get a standalone subwoofer with an amp to offload the Outlaw's amp for the low end bass, which eat up a lot of power).

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
    PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

65 real watts is a lot of power providing the speakers you build are reasonably efficent. By chance why the outlaw over some of the other offerings out there like a refub Denon 3300 or a new Marantz 7000 etc?

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Tibor

The answer is it depends. It depends on the size of the room, the efficiency of the speakers, and how loud you intend to play.

Also see if you can find the Outlaw's output into 4 ohms. If it doubles this will tell you that they have a stout power supply. This is good

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Tibor
          • Oct 2000

From what I have read the Outlaw1050 sounds great from the reviews . Its sounds louder then an Onkyo. I like the Onkyo 575x modle looks good to but I like the customer service from Outlaw not many other companies have that today .

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Things to consider.

Outlaw is currently a hot, "new" company. But if anything happens to the economic climate, will it survive? You can bet Onkyo will.

Now that's only important if the $600 represents a significant investment for you. If not, then no problem.

The Outlaw would also make a good 6.1 pre/pro, if later you decide you want to upgrade to separates.

theAudioWorx
            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"