X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Goff
    • Feb 2002

Measurement mic, software

Well, my old, old Audio Control 1/3 octave RTA has given up, just at the point I wanted to put my Rane PE-17 between my processor and my sub. So I'm looking into a measurement mic and software for my laptop (full duplex sound card), to use in equalizing my sub and for getting back into speaker design. I'm thinking about the ETF software and maybe their mic/preamp package, but would like to know about alternatives, such as the cheap Behringer mic. Any help will be most appreciated.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Steve

This LINK will get you started

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Steve Goff
      • Feb 2002

Thanks, Thomas. Have you had a chance yet to try the Behringer ECM8000?

Steve Goff
      Steve Goff

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Steve

We have 3 of the ECM 8000s but haven't had the time to do a direct comparison with the B&K.

Using the 8000 with the DSP110 plugged into a PC there is a roll-off starting around 12Khz. We aren't sure if it's the 8000 or the DSP 110 causing this (probably it's the digital processing in the DSP110). It's not really all that important for most uses because there's very little one can do to adjust frequencies that high.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"