• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickS
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

First DIY Project

Hi, Guys!

Just thought I'd drop in and show a few pictures of the HE15.4 Sub that I'm building. Bought a lot of new tools for the project.........now I'm hooked and am thinking of turning my garage into a dedicated wood working shop. This HT addiction is getting more expensive by the day. Also, just ordered some VMPS RM 40's and a LRC center channel for the front end of my HT. 8O I guess I'll tell my wife about this stuff soon. :LOL:

Here are a couple of pictures:

Rick

The Home Theater
    DVD Collection

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks good

Might want to put some side to side and top to bottom bracing. My experience with the original Stryke cube was that the cab flexed, and mine was made from even thicker material

So I added 1"X2" oak ("X") crossbracing on all the flat surfaces and top to bottom bracing. That helped stiffen the cab quite a bit.

Also if you haven't already purchased one get a Behringer DSP1100P/1124P. These are mandatory for EQing the Stryke drivers with the rising output at higher frequencies due to the high VC impedance.

And I assume you have an amp with 800+ watts/VC/channel since the HE-15 is a little inefficient.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Nice looking work Rick! :!: The Behringer EQ is the best we've found so far at moderate cost to deal with sub EQ, particularly for the drivers with high voice coil inductance.

So how do you keep your wife out of the garage while you're working on these "secret" projects?

Keep us posted on how it turns out. Glad I'm not going to have to help you move it once you've got it all loaded with drivers!

Best regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• RickS
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Thomas,

Thanks for the comments! I've had a lot of fun putting this together. I bought a new Dewalt plunge router, a PC 4x24 belt sander, a bunch of clamps..........and many other things!!! Wow, I couldn't imagine 1 1/2" of MDF flexing!!! 8O I have a x-brace in the center of the box. I still can add more bracing. How would I go about bracing it?

I do have a BFD 1124P on order here..........should be here soon! I have a couple Cinepro 6ch amps that can be configured to crank out some good power!!

Rick

The Home Theater
        DVD Collection

Comment

• RickS
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Jon,

Well..............I don't do it in garage at home.............I have a warehouse with some spare space that I'm using at the moment!!! Yeah, the empty cabinet is getting a bit much to move!!! 8O

Rick

The Home Theater
          DVD Collection

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

Thomas, where was that hump you mentioned on the HE15? I FINALLY got my passive radiators and am going to eq an HE15.3 I have in a temp cube until I get the enclosure for the 15.6 built.

Was it 70Hz (just looking for a starting point, I only have about an hour before my kid goes to sleep)?

I've got the stryke CD, an RS analog meter and a Symmetrix 551E. I ran it for about 20 minutes without eq last night and it was pretty boomy on SW ep. I. Any thoughts on break in time for this driver, also.

BB

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

It's not so much a hump per se, (it's in the area of 50 to 70 Hz), but it's an artifact of the combination of the driver voice coil inductance (which rolls off the response above 70 Hz), and the driver Q and stiff compliance in most alignments, which results in a shallow roll off below about 40, especially for a new driver. We see this even with one broken in for 48 Hours at 1" p-p excursion prior to mounting.

Reards,

Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Obi-Wan
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Great work Rick! How is it they say that, I think it's

You da Man! 8)

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Brandon B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2001

Thanks Jon. That's about exactly what I saw this evening, along with a room mode around 30. Only did a rough pass tonight. My friend has our shared RS meter, and he hid from me.

Rick - what are you using for source and amps with the RM40s? Are you planninng to run them with or without the stryke in 2 channel?

BB

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Here's a plot of my HE15 in the AS-15 ported sub. The performance in the PR sub is the same

Here's a plot of the correction curve on the DSP1124P to flatten the hump.

Plot of the frequency response with the EQ in the circuit

theAudioWorx
                    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Brandon B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jun 2001

OK, neophyte question then. How come your ported model seems to have the notch around 16? I thought PR woofs tended to have this notch at PR resonance, but that ported cabinets had a smoother. slightly more shallow rolloff? Or is this an artifact of your cabinet?

BB

Comment

• RickS
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2000

Good Morning!

Brandon, I'm using a Tag McLaren AV32R-EX pre/pro and two 6ch Cinepro amps. I have a Panasonic RP91 to use for DVD-A high res music that I've been buying lately. I don't really think I'll be using the sub for 2-ch music since the VMPS RM 40's are truly full range speakers. But, for movies the sub will be used.

Thomas, thanks for the graphs!!! Wow........I see what you guys mean by having the BFD in the system!!! 8O

On a side note I was very sad to find out yesterday of the passing of the President of Cinepro, Eric Abraham. He was a great guy that was pleasure to talk to and communicate with via e-mail. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He was one of the good one's and will be missed.

Rick

The Home Theater
                        DVD Collection

Comment

• ThomasW
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Brandon

The measurements are nearfield primarily the driver output, so the port output is being swamped by the driver. Both PR and ported design will have the same type of plot

theAudioWorx
                          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Sorry to hear about Mr. Abraham Rick. He contributed a lot, and will be missed...

Doug
                            Doug
                            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Brandon B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jun 2001

Are you biamping the RM40's, or using 4 of your amp channels on the sub?

Also, please post on your impressions of the bass for HT with just the RM40's vs. with the Stryke if you could. I am helping my friend set up a music/HT system, quite likely with some RM40's, and am trying to decide if he will even need a sub for HT.

Which also adds the question, what's your room size?

Thanks.

BB

Comment

• RickS
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Aug 2000

Brandon, Well those are some good questions!! I don't have the RM 40's yet. With about 600 watts into 4 ohms I don't think biamping will be required for the RM 40's. The HE15.4 will require much more power and I was thinking of using 1ch for ea VC which would also be in the 550-600 watt per voice coil. I also have the option to flip the switch on the Cinepro for bridged mono and use two channels. I'll have to do some experimenting. Here is the spec on the amp. Let me know what you guys think on amp use. I do have the amp on a dedicated 30 amp circuit.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                DVD Collection

Comment

• Brandon B
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jun 2001

Didn't think you NEED to biamp them. Just wondered how you were gonna divvy up all the amp channels. So I take it you ordered yours as 3 ways, without the active XO unit Brian sells for separate bass amping.

Also, nice to finally see somone else with a 30 amp circuit in their HT! I have one for the Crown MA3600vz I'm running my HE15's with (well 1 HE15 until I finish my dual unit cabinet).

You might be interested in some comments I got regarding wiring my sub. I was going to run the VCs in parallel and use 4 pairs of wires (my amp has 2 sets of binding posts per channel) thinking the greater amount of wire would preserve damping factor better. It was pointed out to me that damping ratings on amps tend to drop a lot with impedance. So even though my available power would drop some by going series, by doing so my damping factor is greatly improved in spite of using half the wires.

For you with 4 available channels for the sub, the question is not series vs. parallel but just straight hookup vs. parallel. As to whether your cinepro's have equivalent damping for a given impedance when bridged, that's a question for Jon or Thomas (or the manual).

Would he be better off running a single channel per VC (I'm told the in-box impedance per VC on the HE15 is actually closer to 4 than the 3 stated for just the driver), or paralleling his VCs to a bridged pair of outputs on his cinepros?

Bridging/parallel would have the "half the IC cable and speaker wire" advantage.

Just checked the specs, your damping factor is 1050 at 1K, so in the range of freq you'll be using, you have plenty to play with. To me that would mean go for a channel a VC to give yourself more power.

BB

Comment

• RickS
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Aug 2000

Brandon, thanks for the input on the amp use!!! I have two wires run to that corner of the HT right now and I am running my two SVS 20-39's in mono series from the 2k6III amp. I'd have to run two more sets of wires to have a channel for each VC but, it may be worth the extra work! Also, I'm going to add a couple of extra fans to the rear of the amp..........I have been pushing them very hard with what I've got going now! Anyway, I'll let you know what I think of the the 15.4 when its in the system.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                    DVD Collection

Comment

• RickS
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2000

Good Morning,

Well, I was up late last night installing the drivers and finishing everything off. I made a couple of jumpers for the input plate to run the VC's in parallel, which is a 2 ohm load and should give about 900-950 watts per driver. The level was kept very low to allow the family to sleep but, was impressed with sonic change from the 2-SVS 20-39's. I'll take the SPL meter out tonight and set things up. The drivers seem to be very stiff and probably will need some break in time. I'll post a few more pic's in a day or two.

Thanks for the help and suggestions with the project.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                      DVD Collection

Comment

• RickS
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Aug 2000

Well, just thought I'd post a picture of the sub in the house........man is this thing a bear to move around. 8O

I've been running some 5hz signals to the sub with a test tone generator. It's amazing the amount of movement from the PR's and drivers. How long of a breakin period is required for this type of sub?

Here is the picture:

Rick

The Home Theater
                                        DVD Collection

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                          Mad Max Moderator
                                          • Aug 2000

Hi Rick,

I don't think you'll see much of an effect from "break-in". The HE-15 is a relatively low compliance, high mass cone driver with a big motor- the foam can't be very compliant, otherwise you'd get "suck-in" during high excursion high pressure operation.

As delivered from the factory, my HE-15 had an Fs of about 32 Hz. With a week of breakin on an amplifier free air (before mounting), at 1" P-P excursion, that dropped to about 29.5 Hz. That's about all the difference you're going to see. The "standard" tunings for the HE-15 all involve tuning *below* the free air resonance of the driver, so the impedance curve will show a smaller magnitude on the lower of the double humps. This is especially so, for tunings at 15 to 16 Hz, which is about half the free air resonance.

With the motor the HE-15 has, and depending on the box size and type of tuning, most alignments will be overdamped, which means there will be a shallow roll-off toward the low end, with a bit of a kick up at the port or PR tuning. Depending enclosure tuning and on the room gain, you may need no or just a little compensation for this with your BFD. Note the EQ curve we used above with the BFD and the AS-15 design.

In my opinion, it's important to EQ the driver without the crossover for smooth responce from 20 Hz out to at least 150 Hz; then with the active crossover in place, you'll get an acoustical response that follows the crossover blending fairly accurately. The near field response should be used for determining EQ. This will produce a response from the sub which is both powerful and deep on HT material, and with excellent transient response and pitch definition on music.

THEN, the farfield response should be evaluated to determine room modes at the listening position, and the sub placement and listening placement, as well as room treatments, adjusted accordingly to get the widest relatively smooth listening area. Approaching any other way (such as EQ'ing farfield only on the composite response) will have you chasing your tale to get the respose acceptable at any other than one spot in the room, and even there may be problematical.

Have fun, and enjoy your sub!

Best regards,

Jon

Earth First!
                                          M8ta
                                          Modula Neo DCC
                                          Modula MT XE
                                          Modula Xtreme
                                          Isiris
                                          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                          Minerva Monitor
                                          Calliope
                                          Ardent D

In Development...
                                          Obi-Wan
                                          Modula PWB
                                          Calliope CC Supreme
                                          Natalie P Ultra
                                          Natalie P Supreme
                                          Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• RickS
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Aug 2000

Jon,

Thanks for the suggestions! I finally got my BFD shipped to me the other day.........but they shipped the 1100P. Will there be much difference between the 1124P and 1100P? If so, I'll send it back for the new model.

Anyway, did a chart on the HE15.4 from the listening position. Let me know what you think and what you would do with the BFD to correct this graph.

TIA

Rick

The Home Theater
                                            DVD Collection

Comment

• RickS
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Aug 2000

Good Morning,

Well, I did some setting's on the BFD last night. The results were very interesting. With the graph shown below I tried to bring down the lower end and even out the higher end of the graph. I was surprised how much effect of the adjustments made on different areas of the graph. This setting didn't sound that great to me and had a very thin bass sound on music.

Looks like a lot more time is going to be required.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                              DVD Collection

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                Mad Max Moderator
                                                • Aug 2000

Hi Rick,

Please see below-

In my opinion, it's important to EQ the driver without the crossover for smooth responce from 20 Hz out to at least 150 Hz; then with the active crossover in place, you'll get an acoustical response that follows the crossover blending fairly accurately. The near field response should be used for determining EQ. This will produce a response from the sub which is both powerful and deep on HT material, and with excellent transient response and pitch definition on music.

THEN, the farfield response should be evaluated to determine room modes at the listening position, and the sub placement and listening placement, as well as room treatments, adjusted accordingly to get the widest relatively smooth listening area. Approaching any other way (such as EQ'ing farfield only on the composite response) will have you chasing your tale to get the respose acceptable at any other than one spot in the room, and even there may be problematical.
                                                BTW, there's no diff between the 1124 and 1100 Behringer.

EQ the nearfield response, then work on the acoustic positioning. Your PR's are too close to the wall. If nothing else, turn the cabinet 45 degrees and pull it out a little bit. A lot of people think one corner is the best place for the sub- 'tain't necessarily so. Also, you may need to consider your listening position. Last, how are you measuring the response- what kind of mic and pramp?

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
                                                M8ta
                                                Modula Neo DCC
                                                Modula MT XE
                                                Modula Xtreme
                                                Isiris
                                                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                Minerva Monitor
                                                Calliope
                                                Ardent D

In Development...
                                                Obi-Wan
                                                Modula PWB
                                                Calliope CC Supreme
                                                Natalie P Ultra
                                                Natalie P Supreme
                                                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• RickS
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Aug 2000

Jon, thanks for the reply!

Being a complete new comer to the BFD and sub setting's. I was setting the Radio Shack SPL meter on a tripod where I sit. I'm using the Microsoft Workbook software from Sonnie's site and getting the corrected graph once I plug in the "raw SPL" no#'s.

I set my x-over on 120 on my Tag McLaren Pre/pro and shut off all power to every channel except the two channels used to power the sub.

I did pull the sub out from the wall and turned it 45 degrees before taking the above measurements.

Where should I place the SPL meter to take nearfield measurements?

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                  DVD Collection

Comment

• RickS
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2000

Well, I think its official...........my wife thinks I've gone nuts!! She asked me last night if after 5 hours of shaking the house if I got done what had to be done. I told her I was getting closer.

Last night as suggested by Jon I placed my SPL meter at 1 meter distance from the sub which has been turned 45 degrees to the corner of my HT room. The 1 meter results where much easier to work with. Now I have to experiment with listening position and determine some fixes for the room. The learning curve for the BFD is a little longer than I expected but, it is the type of learning that came with much trial and error. I think the next thing I will look into is a proper mic and software to speed up and automate the testing process. Here is the results from 1 meter and 5 hours of work.

There is quite a rise in the SPL at 20-16 hz but there is no filter below 20 hz. The next thing I guess is to learn how to tune passive radiators. :roll:

Thanks for draggin me along!

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                    DVD Collection

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2000

There is quite a rise in the SPL at 20-16 hz but there is no filter below 20 hz. The next thing I guess is to learn how to tune passive radiators.
                                                      No don't change the loading on the PR's. They are tuned to a specific frequency and should stay where they are.

What you're seeing is a function of 'room gain' not PR tuning. Most people would kill to have that rise in the bottom end.....

Nearfield is difficult to do with all the drivers and PR's. Might try putting the mic 6" from an outside corner. That should average the output from the drivers and PRs.

Unless you're playing vinyl don't worry about a filter for frequencies below 20Hz. There's fun stuff at 15Hz in a lot of action/adventures movies so don't filter it out.

theAudioWorx
                                                      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• RickS
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Aug 2000

Thomas, thanks for the reply!

Well, to get the results that are posted above I must have reset bandwidth, gain and freq. settings a 100 times!!! Who said you can't get exercise jumping up and down from the sofa to the back of the rack for 5 hours. I did find the music much more pleasing to the ear after setting the 1 meter settings than the listening position settings from the other night.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                        DVD Collection

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                                          • Jan 2002

Rick, have you done any more with your listening position?

Ken Bruce (brucek) is very familiar with Spectra Plus software which will speed up the measuring process and if you can work it out to use the BFD software to input your settings, it's all about 10 times faster. More learning curves to master though.

Personally I never worried about nearfield measurements cause I don't listen to my sub with my ear that close to it, but I suppose when you build one it's good to know you got it right. None the less, nearfield measurements should initially be flat as Jon indicated. (Not arguing with you on that Jon). I do believe though that your listening position and maybe one or two other listening positions will probably be more important to tame. Afterall, this is where you will hear your sub response. I really wanted everyone that might watch a movie with me to hear what I hear, but it's not always feasible. I was pleasantly surprised to learn my measurements in 2 other seating positions were only up a few db around a few frequencies. And my null was not nearly as bad in those other two positions. Of course those were all measurements, my ears could hardly tell a difference in any of the positions.

I was reading above that you didn't really like the flat response. You may consider the house curve. I harp on this a lot but after doing it myself I finally heard what many others with house curves were referring to. Except for that little rise 31.5hz, you have somewhat of a house curve in your original measurements. When I set my sub up flat (flat as I could get it) I seem to lose that umph.... with the house curve I got it back.

Looking forward to seeing your new listening position graphs once you get it like want it.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Brandon B
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Jun 2001

Rick -

Did you line or stuff your Stryke? Also, get your RM40's yet?

Your wife stays in the house while you are EQ'ing? Mine turns green, covers her mouth and yells at me to turn it off or she'll puke on me everytime I run a tone under 20 Hz. Have to wait until she and my son are out to do it.

Thomas/Jon -

What are your stances on stuffing a PR sub? I had thought one generally didn't, but have seen comments both ways lately. My final enclosure will be slightly more volume than John J's given design. I can always reduce it. Does a small volume change alter the tuning to the point where there is a mismatch with PR's and box?

I have one of my HE15's in a temp cube right now, and have discovered that indeed the dual 15.6 in the works is not overkill for my room as I had thought it would be. Bottomed out the sub in SW podrace scene (clack!) at not quite what I would call a maximum listening level. Amp not even close to clipping. The dual unit will fix that.

I am EQ'ing with a symmetrix 551, and have discovered that the frequency labels on the "center frequency" dials are rather far off (or the knobs are on crooked). Using the stryke CD to adjust the freq knob with bandwidth at minimum and maximum cut, I'm finding the labels are off by as much as 10-20 degrees of knob turn. Sort of wishing I had gotten a BFD now. Oh well, no BFD (pun intended).

Happy rumbling RIck. Looks like you've got similar low end room gain to me. Mine is at or above my target for flat to somewhat below 15Hz. Using the low cut on the symmetrix to cut it off at 10, though, as we are cancelling our earthquake insurance.

BB

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Aug 2000

Brandon

We first lined the Stryke cube with dacron. Then later in an attempt to improve the response we added stuffing. Unfortunately stuffing made the performance worse, not better

The 551 although the best sounding parametic EQ around, it is a bear to set accurately due to the 'taper' of the pots. The only way we were able to get accurate settings was by using the RTA to verify them. Once they're set put a drop of hot glue between the knob and front plate so that no one can accidently change the settings

Yes the Behringer is MUCH easier to use due to its digital settings.

theAudioWorx
                                                              Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• RickS
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Aug 2000

Sonnie, I haven't got around to more listening position settings yet but, will have to in the future to compare. I will make a house curve with another channel of the BFD. I'll probably just cut the 31.5 area and leave the rest. The flat curve that I've got right now from the nearfield test is very pleasing to me.

Brandon, yes I lined the sub walls with foam and stuffed it losely. The wife and kids are upstairs when the bass testing is being done. I have had the RM 40's and LRC in the house for a few days and have been doing lots of testing to integrate the full range RM 40's with the HE15.4. I have ordered the Behringer 8000 mic/DSP110/and will purchase the RTA software to speed up the testing. The RM40's are just unbelievable..........hard to describe but, I think I'm done looking for front speakers.

Thomas, I can see another learning curve coming when the test equip. arrives.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                                DVD Collection

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Aug 2000

Rick

The trick with the DSP110 is turning off the default settings. Took Jon and I about 1/2hr to do that. 8O

When you get your DSP110 I'll walk you through shutting off all the default settings. Some are real easy others are hidden or not adequately explained in the manual. After all the defaults are turned off the DSP110 is a piece of cake to use.

BTW those speaker look pretty BIG

theAudioWorx
                                                                  Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• RickS
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2000

Hi, guys!

Nice to see everything back to normal around here! :T Well the DSP110 was going to be awhile yet so I cancelled it. I'll try and look for something else. I moved my sub out from the corner of the room and did some testing last weekend. These are from the listening position.........large dip in the 63-80 range. I really had to boost that area to get it to come around.

Well, I think I'll have to find a different home for the sub but, I'm running out of places to put the beast.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                                    DVD Collection

Comment

• Rick Guynn
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2002

BTW, there is a *small* difference between the 1100 and 1124 BFD's. The 1100 has 20-bit DACS while the 1124 has 24-bit DACS. I don't really think this is a concern for EQ'ing the bass range.

Rick, once you get your RTA software, you might try 'reverse engineering' the best sub position.

RG

Comment

• RickS
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2000

Rick, Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info and when I get time I'll try moving the sub again and take some measurements. It would go a lot faster with automated testing equipment.

Rick

The Home Theater
                                                                        DVD Collection

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                                                          • Jan 2002
                                                                          • 2858

You were fairly sasified (as Clarence would say) with the corner position before weren't you. WAF should be better too huh?

The further I shoved my towards the wall, the less null I had. My room is the pits anyway for HT. Maybe one day I'll have that dedicated HT room and all will be perfect. :roll:

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
                                                                          😀
                                                                          😂
                                                                          🥰
                                                                          😘
                                                                          🤢
                                                                          😎
                                                                          😞
                                                                          😡
                                                                          👍
                                                                          👎
                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                          Search Result for "|||"