X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Bruce
    • Sep 2000

Hey Thomas.....

Nothing to do with diy......

Big Bruce (my dad, if yall havent figured it yet)was telling me that local broadcasters were having a dispute with FCC about a mountain facing Denver that houses all the local broadcasting antennas.
    Something about the land was zoned for "residental" and had a clause which does not allow for new towers to be built....
    in turn, doesnt allow for broadband digital towers to be built,
    in turn, Denver and surrounding areas like Boulder and Aspen, etc... wont have any local digital broadcasts in future.
    What a bummer....

Got one thing to say to the FCC if that is true..

:F

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

LB

Actually Lookout mountain houses all the TV and radio transmission towers, and they're been there for decades. Now the locals that built houses right up the side of the mountain, just below the towers, are in a stink about the potential of their kids being born with 2 heads due to the microwave activity. So, they are blocking the building one big tower, that will replace all the smaller ones. Go figure.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Little Bruce
      • Sep 2000

Hey.......

Two heads are better than one ....right ????

HAHAHAHA :B

(I couldnt remember the name of the mountain..)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"