X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewM
    • Oct 2000

Cheap integrated amps?

Does anybody know of any cheap integrated amps, or basically any kind of amp with volume control that I could use on a computer speaker project?

I was looking at something like this from Parts Express, http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=9568&DID=7
    I don't know if 15w will be enough or not, although I think in that kind of "nearfield" situation of a computer speaker it should be more than enough. Some other ideas are the amps that DanW is selling, they have the benefit of being more powerful, and having an active x-over built into them, but compared to the above are a bit more money as well.

Also, I was looking at the way my current computer speakers are hooked up, and I noticed that the cable has the volume control built into it (along with a mute button), so out of the line out from the sound card it appears there is a potentiometer to control the signal level to the amp, would this work with a regular amp as well (since there are just tons of cheap amps out there)?

Andrew
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Andrew

Why not just pick up a older Dolby Pro Logic Receiver? That's what I use with my PC. They're dirt cheap.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"