X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty
    • Nov 2002

To OSD or not OSD?

Hello fellow Rotelians!
    I’ve been lurking around the Rotel Club for a while now, and since it’s been a bit quiet, I thought I’d throw out a question for you. I’ve been the owner of the RSP-1066 for about a month now. I upgraded from a Lexicon CP-1, (Lexicon prices, in this day and age, are beyond my ability to comprehend). I have found the 1066 to be very versatile, and am still going through the “cool, now what does this button do again?”
    One thing has come up that I wonder if anything can be done about, (no, not base management). When watching a movie you sometimes get that momentary pausing glitch that happens in the wink of an eye, but the 1066 always knows when it is happening. Because the on screen displays comes back on to tell you what Surround Mode is being used. This really comes into play when I’m watching the additional cut scenes from a movie that allows you to watch them continually in order. Every cut scene lets me know what same Surround Mode is being used.
    Well, to make a long question short, (to late) can there be anything done to keep the On Screen Display from popping back on?:? If this has been discussed, and/or is in the manual, please excuse this Newbie’s rantings.
    Thanks for any and all input!

Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the straps… 8)
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

On the SETUP screen, choose OTHER OPTIONS. There you have a choice named OSD, you can toggle between on and off.
    Off means it's always off!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I have mine turned off as well.

Comment

• Scotty
        • Nov 2002

Thanks Arnold!
        It figures it would be something starring me in the face… ops:

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

If it wasn't obvious, the reason for it, is a disappearance of the audio bitstream momentarily. Thus, when the signal comes back, the processor goes into the process of locking on, and prompts the display. My Lexicon does the same thing. Fortunately, I can move it down into the black bar area, so it's not to distracting for me.

Wow, a CP1, I haven't heard that one in a while.

Congrats on the new Rotel and welcome to the Guide Scotty!

Oh, and I almost forgot, "Beam me up"!

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"