• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krzysztof W
    • Sep 2002

Rotel and Klipsch

Hello everybody

I have a nice system:
    Rotel combo (RSP 1066 and RMB 1075) which runs great with my Def Tech speakers (BP2006TL, C2002, BP1.2X).

I can not imagine anything sounding better in my living area (which is very limited). I am 100% happy with what I have. Now a friend of mine with a larger room is thinking HT and of course I directed him to Rotel combo (probably with RSP 1055), which he is going to get soon. The problem is speakers. We really like Klipsch 7 series (he is going to spend around 4k plus minus couple of hundreds for speakers). We listen to Klipsch in the local Ovation shop and were impressed. The only problem is that we are not able to audition them with Rotel equipment, hence the question:

Does Klipsch go well with Rotel?
    Should we look to something else than Klipsch?

Any comments welcome

Krzysztof W
  • Matt
    • Oct 2002

IMHO Rotel and Klipsch go very well. Some people think that horns can be quite harsh but the rotels really give the Klipsch RF-7 a GREAT sound. I have auditioned the RF-7's with different pieces of rotel equipment in many different stores and I too love the sound. Currently i am saving to get the reference series all round. The Klipsch RF-7's retail for $5700AU over here in Australia. :-(

The RF-7's are also VERY efficient. I have even tried running these on a 2x60 rotel amp and they were amazing still. A 1075 power amp would give these babies plenty of headroom.

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

Horns harsh...Sounds like an OPINION to me. I've heard that too, but they obviously never heard the Avantgarde Horns

RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make
      RedStep

Comment

• RedStep
        • Sep 2002

Try hooking up a 1090 combo to these babies 8)

RedStep
        RedStep

Comment

• jerohm
          • Oct 2002

I have been using a RB-985 to drive 2 pairs of Forte II's and a Quartet as a center, for years and recently added the RSP-1066. IMO Klipschs ARE far more sensitive to amplifier matching than most other speakers. That said, as long as the room is reasonably dampened, you won't find a much better match. One word about the RSP-1066; it sounds GREAT, but has no means to compensate for speaker/room adjustments... that is why I think it is IMPERATIVE to purchase fully timbre matched speakers unless you are willing to pay more for a more versatile ( but NOT necessarily better sounding ) processor.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"