X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudee
    • Oct 2000

Premade Speaker boxes

ok i need some advice- I need surrounds- after spending many months building a dedicated HT room i have wired for two rear sides, two rear back wall and two rear centers. I have already taken care of the rear centers with inwalls- this was the best "fit" for the placement. Now i have no will to cut/build/finish some diy speakers for the rears- i am spent! What i would like is some advice on pre assembled enclosures- drivers, tweets and assembled crossover for the surrounds that would not break the bank.
    I have looked at the parts express cabs and could handle the assembly but would rather not-
    oh i would like to do bipole for the wall rears and direct for the sides.

ANY advice would be appreciated!

rudee
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The nicest boxes are made by Woodstyle and are available from Madisound. Although they don't make a box suitable for a dipole.

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

If you're doing a 6.1/7.1 system, dipoles wouldn't seem very desirable.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• rudee
      • Oct 2000

Thomas-
      Thanks for the link- the boxes look good and are a good price-
      Could you recommend some decent components with a specific enclosure based on your experience?
      Here's what i would like to do- I have a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's that i will use for mains and a Klipsch KV2 that i will use for a center- for now that is. I would like to "put together" 2 rear sides, two rear walls and a center for now. I would like to use the same components all the way around and replace the chorus II's later with the same center- video is fp so a vertical center is possible if it's not too high- say under 20".
      LFE is a Tempest and i also have an M&K v90 sub if that helps in factoring. The dedicated room is 20Wx25Lx8H. Power provided by 2 Yamaha M60's and 2 M50's.

$$ is an object since this room has cost more than planned and the kids expect Santa to bring more than a few wooden boxes :-)

Anything come to mind??

rudee

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

rudee

I'm afraid that timbre matching the Klipsch Chorus going to be very very difficult, unless you go with a Klipsch product. I don't know the cost of the newer Klipsch in-wall speakers. But you might consider using the in-wall units mounted in a box.

Now if timbre matching isn't important, then anyones 6" 2-way kit would probably be fine. Madisound, Zalytron, Speaker City, all have pretty good 6" 2-way kits

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• rudee
          • Oct 2000

Thanks Thomas- I think i'm going to try the Home Theater Direct Level III's and see how they perform- seems to be a lot of bang for the buck and i just don't have the time to start another project. If you have any knowledge of the HTD's please share if you can.

Thanks for the info-
          rudee

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi

I don't know anything about those. Hank Frankenberg likes their speakers. That's a pretty good recommendation

theAudioWorx
            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"